Re: Oceania Servers

by ProfessorChaosNZ

Original Post

Oceania Servers

★★★ Novice

Oceania Servers - Firestorm - Where are they?

It's been 2 - 3 weeks since I've been able to get onto a server with a sub 40 ping.

For the last 2 - 3 weeks I've been sitting in queue for anywhere from 4 minutes to 20 minutes to get into a 130 ping or 230ping server. 

All my friends in Aus and NZ are in the same boat, no one can get into Oceania servers as I guess they don't exist anymore?

Message 1 of 9 (1,601 Views)

Hello @ProfessorChaosNZ

There is an Update planned for next week. Some Firestorm improvements will be there so you will see if there are some changes.
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 9 (1,573 Views)

★★★ Novice

Where's the info about this up-coming update?

Message 3 of 9 (1,569 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't see how an update will fix servers. I mean they need to obviously introduce server. A Client side update doesn't add servers... And they need to acknowledge my (and plenty of others) Technical Issue I've raised here as being in existence. Their way of reporting bugs etc seems incredibly pathetic if this is the only website/avenue we have to do so. 

Message 4 of 9 (1,554 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for linking me something that's a month old and therefore irrelevant now.

I'm seeking answers for now, end of April - beginning of May. 

I see heaps of people with AUS and NZ tags in their name IF i'm able to connect to a SEA or NA server, so clearly there are people that are looking for games.

Maybe EA should make firestorm free so we get more players in it. 

Message 6 of 9 (1,521 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@ProfessorChaosNZ  that is our latest statement and update regarding servers in the Oceania for Firestorm. 

We currently don't have anything new to share at this moment. 

/Atic

Message 7 of 9 (1,474 Views)

★★★ Novice

Lol well that's pretty pathetic isn't it? Come on... We all pay for your game and you have no good information to give us about the servers we've PAID for? Lets get real, and lets get some honest info coming out about what Dice and EA are doing to rectify this problem. 

I look forward to an actual answer, if you don't have the knowledge capable of answering it, can you please put someone onto this thread that does so we can understand when it'll be fixed. 

Message 8 of 9 (1,464 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Bro I can give you two honest answers that no one from EA or Dice is willing to publicly admit.

1. Battlefield V launch was rushed. It was initially planned as a next gen console release [2020] but someone (who probably has nothing to do with the creative process) decided to push the    
WWII theme for this generation and keep Bad Company 3 as a next gen "money-maker".

2. The game flopped. EA has admitted the title failed to meet sales expectations. It only managed to win a single award and that was at E3, it hadn't even launched yet lol. Apex Legends was a much bigger success and is probably the only thing that's keeping investors from burning EA's gates down. This would probably result in more servers being allocated for Apex rather than BFV.
Battlefield is also currently $29 at Big W. You do the math.

For these unfortunate reasons I simply cannot believe that the quality of life for this game will improve [if at all], at least for consoles.

Message 9 of 9 (1,410 Views)