Re: Obi Wan mind trick not workin in instant action

by thepumpkinrey

Original Post

Obi Wan mind trick not workin in instant action

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug In instant action, Obi Wans restricted mind trick does not work as intended. Lightsaber character can still use there abilities immediately after being mind trick and blasters can still roll/dodge.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? The_pumpking_rey
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 03/30/20
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 07:20pm
In what game mode did the bug occur? Arcade Mode
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Instant action as Kenobi, use mind trick on anyone and watch tman ability be used right after. Example Kenobi mind trick Dooku as he's highlighted white indicating he's under mind trick influence Dooku will still use force lightning. Or Grevious will us relentless advance.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing....which is the problem. Mind trick should stop roll (blasters) or abilities (lightsabers). But all it does is highlight them white.
What do you expect to see? The AI lightsaber or AI blaster not be able to use abilities like online or HvV.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

This is in Instant Action.....not Arcade but I was not given a choice on the drop down menu.

Message 1 of 3 (521 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@thepumpkinrey 

We have a previous report on this issue, you can find it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Mind-Trick-does-not-affect-AI/m-p/8771961#M27996

But as that one was talking about both Mind Tricks, and they have different issues, I think it's good to have a report solely focused on Obi's Restrictive Mind Trick.

Well, to begin, Obi's RMT isn't supposed to disable dodges anymore (rolls and dashes). That was changed in December 2019:

RMT
You can find the full notes of that patch here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150099/community-transmission-the-rise-of-skywalker-upd...

But I understand your confusion, because ingame tips still say Obi's RMT disables dodges.

And about not affecting AI ability usage, you're 100% correct. Obi's RMT doesn't work on Co-Op/IA AI at all. It does affect them, as can be seen by the MIND CONTROLLED label that appears above their heads, but doesn't restrict abilities at all:

I also recorded a longer video showcasing this issue:

Considering how popular Co-Op is, I hope they take their time to address this issue with haste. It really cripples players that use Obi-Wan against AI Villains.

Message 2 of 3 (475 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@RogueZeroRendar Just following up that the mind trick bug is still present after the last update. Also thank you for letting me know about the doge/roll no suppose to be affected. That now changes my strategy. Hopefully the AI ability/ restricted mind trick bug does get fixed.
Message 3 of 3 (352 Views)