OBS fails to hook on Rocket Arena

by Monkeyface_x323

Original Post

OBS fails to hook on Rocket Arena

★★ Apprentice

Can OBS hook onto to Rocket Arena?

I try with "Game Capture" to the game and there was only a black screen and the same goes with "Display Capture"

Any advise or alternatives to capture gameplay from Rocket Arena is appreciated 

Message 1 of 3 (707 Views)

OBS & NVIDIA Share fail to detect the game

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: Rocket Arena
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? PeterSMK2
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Xbox Game Bar & NVIDIA Share
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Hero were you playing (if applicable)? Rev
Did you have cross-play enabled? Yes
Were you in a party with friends when this occurred? No
Where did the issue occur? In a match
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. I was playing the game and needed to save a screenshot using NVIDIA Share, then I realized that it wasn't detecting the game so I needed to enable desktop capture in order for it to work. With OBS, the software doesn't detect the game in the game capture menu, instead I need to do the same and capture my entire screen.
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Main Menu (Also occurs in-game)
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 14.07.20 ~13:00 (GMT +3)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Little to no impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Recording and streaming software does not detect the game therefore any clips or screenshots you want to take are not being saved.
What should be happening instead? Recording software should be able to detect the game window and capture it.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in fullscreen mode with the NVIDIA Share or OBS Game Capture enabled, the overlay will not detect the game unless it's capture the entire screen, not just the game.

thanks

Message 2 of 3 (638 Views)

Re: OBS fails to hook on Rocket Arena

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Monkeyface - No, same with NVIDIA Share. I've asked multiple other people and turns out they are facing the same issue. You have to capture the entire window with OBS or enable desktop capture and play in borderless or windowed in order to use NVIDIA Share.

Message 3 of 3 (567 Views)