OBS Audio & Stream Troubleshooting

by Maik010

Original Post

OBS Audio & Stream Troubleshooting

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

i recently switched to a new headset (steelseries arctis pro + DAC ) , my old headset is a Logitech G933.

i cannot get my ingame mic to work within apex. its working fine in discord etc. and i find it strange because it was working on my other headset using the exact same setup as below. 

the speaker icon shows when i hold T to speak but nobody can hear me

Im running a dual PC setup. 1 Gamepc running apex . 1 Streampc running all audio/OBS/headset/capturecard etc. 

ive tried some "sollutions" on the internet but the dont seem to work for me. i cant select the proper mic in my origin settings because its not connected to the pc running origin/apex. all audio and video are being send to the capturecard in my streaming pc.  but when using my other headset i couldnt select it within origin either but it worked then.

if anyone has a sollution that would be awsome. ive tried so many changes within settings on both pc's within windows , obs etc

Message 6 of 11 (3,204 Views)

OBS fps drops while trying to stream at a solid 60fps

★ Novice

Would love to know if anyone is experiencing this exact problem! 

When running my game at any settings it runs super smoothly but whenever i check on my stream I see I have choppy not smooth content at random high GPU usage times i'm sure of that thanks to my use with task manager.

I stream with nvenc at 900p 60fps

I know its not my pc because I stream BFV Pubg Blackout etc.. perfectly smooth ! I have a 1060.

Okay if you need any details feel free to ask ! Thank you guys ! 

ALSO wondering if this is just an optimization issue because the game did just come out. NONETHELESS AMAZING GAME JUST WANNA STREAM QUALITY CONTENT ! 

Message 1 of 11 (3,332 Views)

Graphic Optimization (high GPU Load)

★★ Novice

the game seems to not respond to graphical adjustment and while i stream instances like this occur where things start moving slow(link below)

was wondering if there is a release date for graphic optimization?

Also game does not seem to play nicely with OBS GPU load is too high even with graphics set to low

other than these optimization the game is really great

thanks for not hyping up the game before release! 

https://clips.twitch.tv/DiligentPlumpEchidnaMVGame

Message 2 of 11 (3,202 Views)

Re: Graphic Optimization (high GPU Load)

★★ Guide
Or maybe you just don't have rig to stream? Idk i tried recording with my r9 390 and it was running smooth. As for obs streaming never tried it but from what i seen people usually have really good rig for it.
Message 3 of 11 (3,199 Views)

Game doesn't let me play when I have OBS open and try streaming it..

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The game works perfectly fine when I don't have OBS open and trying to stream, but when I have OBS open the game launches and opens, but when I try to join a game I get an error message that says "Connection to server timed out. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information". But when I don't have OBS open the game runs with no issues. Iv'e tried about everything that I can from the forums I found and nothing is working.. Frown Can anyone help me with this issue?? (I've also tried contacting EA Support and they told me to come here and post so..) Hope everyone reading this is having a good day!  

Message 4 of 11 (3,199 Views)

Recording Apex Legends with OBS Lag glitch

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Radeon R9 390
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ChaoticSonics
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. training
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. recording apex legends with obs
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? this question is not relevant to my issue, becuase it happens all the time.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 2-16-19
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Watch my youtube video I talk about the glitch and show it. There is a bug when recording apex legends with OBS. I believe it could be the game it self after doing some tests. During the test I use borderless windowed mode and I can use my controller while focused on obs. I can't move with the controller ,but i can still jump in the game. When i did this the game doesn't lag as much and my camera doesn't lag. When i focus on the game everything lags including my camera. It also doesn't lag while playing, only the recording. Which means a lot of players like me that use AMD and need OBS can not do youtube videos or stream until this glitch is fixed.
What should be happening instead? The recording of the game should not lag.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Recording Apex legends with OBS.

This is the youtube video i did on the glitch and showing it.

https://youtu.be/NOGnHdcx5zw

Message 5 of 11 (3,746 Views)

No sound in-game when OBS is running

★★★ Newbie

Hi

Whenever I have OBS running at the same time as Apex, there is no sound in game. OBS is successfully recording and streaming the game with sound; however, I can't hear anything in game on my end. I've tried messing with the tracks for desktop sound already. This only happens with Apex; I've been fine with every other game I have streamed.

Has anyone had a similar problem/knows how to fix this?

Message 7 of 11 (3,193 Views)

Re: No sound in-game when OBS is running

Community Manager

@dex18terity  @Maik010  @Chaoticsonics  @TheVoksic  @Prupisek 

I merged all of your posts into one since they all seem to be related to OBS and updated the title to this post so others will have an easier time finding a discussion when searching for a solution. Were any of you able to find solutions around your OBS audio/stream issues? I linked the official site for OBS Help and an OBS subreddit below. I searched "Apex Legends" in the subreddit and then CTRL+F to search "Audio" to quickly find some other discussions there as well.

If you're running OBS, try disabling Origin In-Game from your Origin client's application settings. When you launch the game, tab out of the game and see if you have the correct playback devices enabled (right click on the audio icon on your desktop taskbar).

Official OBS Troubleshooting Page

https://obsproject.com/help

OBS Subreddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/obs/

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 11 (3,173 Views)

Re: No sound in-game when OBS is running

Community Manager

An update just went out today that should help improve OBS too.

A new Windows 10 update is available today including a fix for Game Mode that ensures the feature will no longer impact your experiences when using streaming & recording software, like OBS and XSplit. Thank you for your valuable feedback!

(Source)

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 11 (3,165 Views)

Apex Overloading GPU

★★★★★ Newbie

I dont know if this has been talked about - 

Specs: 
Ryzen 7 2700X
16 GB's of DDR4 Hyperx Fury
MSI Armour GTX 1060 6GB
Asrock x470

So playing apex, I want to stream to game with my friend's. But every time i go to stream, my frames started to drop, so i opened up task manager and notice that Apex Legends was using 100% of my GPU even while sitting in the lobby with no motion going on, I've toned down my settings and nothing seems to be working, i even have the latest driver the nvidia has. Ive changed my OBS to 720P and still get 20 frames a second which is un-streamable. 

I even have the game optimized provided my the GeForce Experince app from Nvidia, and still cant stream on it.

Message 10 of 11 (3,150 Views)