Re: Nvidia control panel profile setting reset at each launch of BFV since 1.09

by Viking21211

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Nvidia control panel profile setting reset at each launch of BFV since 1.09 upda

★★★ Novice

hi,

So after try many things with support team, nvidia custom profile setting for BFV always reset when i launch the game since 1.09 update.

i mean the 3d setting in nvidia control panel for BFV, not general settings.

I want set vsync to enabled, and pre render frame to 1, it work for every other games, and was working perfectly in BFV before 1.09 update.

With help of the support, ive clear the game cache, make a clean boot from windows, reinstall origin in the hard way, make a clean reinstall

of the GPU driver, 418.91, nvidia geforce GTX 1060 6GB. Try check the file with origin, disable origin in game.

Nothing work, nvidia control panel setting are reset at each launch of BFV, i really think something is broken in the new update,

I hope you, studio team will fix it soon, if anyone get this issue, please let me know.

good game. 

Message 1 of 9 (15,694 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

so, it seems dice make it intentionaly, to counter the "profile inspector exploit" , some other user get the same problem 

see the reddit thread : https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aqamfz/nvidia_control_panel_setting_reset_at_each_lau...

I deal 2 hours with the support and they dont even know thats its dice who patch it, lol.

Th best workaround actually is :

Marking the profile database files as "read only" will stop them from being reset.

1. Set your profile changes and save them.

2. Go to C > Nvidia > ProgramData (or C > ProgramData > Nvidia Corporation) and search for "nvdrsdb" without the quotes.

3. Locate the two ".bin" files (nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin), right-click and mark them as "read only."

Done.

No more fiddling or downloading of files required. Just good ol' read/write permissions.

Ive dont try it yet, but i will try quick and give you feedback. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (15,591 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Got the same problems. 

Nvidia 3D Application Settings just wont save anymore. After the new Driver Installation 418.91, the Nvidia Settings just resets after starting the game. Only BF5 is affected by these problems.

Anyone knows whats causing the problems here? Its unplayable for me without fixed settings. Thanks!

Win 10 x64

RTX 2080

I7 8700K

Message 2 of 9 (15,655 Views)

★★ Novice
Setup the global settings in nvidia control panel. BF5 will reset to your global settings when opening. Not the best fix but works around them resetting the profile on startup.
Message 3 of 9 (15,652 Views)

★★★ Novice

so, it seems dice make it intentionaly, to counter the "profile inspector exploit" , some other user get the same problem 

see the reddit thread : https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aqamfz/nvidia_control_panel_setting_reset_at_each_lau...

I deal 2 hours with the support and they dont even know thats its dice who patch it, lol.

Th best workaround actually is :

Marking the profile database files as "read only" will stop them from being reset.

1. Set your profile changes and save them.

2. Go to C > Nvidia > ProgramData (or C > ProgramData > Nvidia Corporation) and search for "nvdrsdb" without the quotes.

3. Locate the two ".bin" files (nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin), right-click and mark them as "read only."

Done.

No more fiddling or downloading of files required. Just good ol' read/write permissions.

Ive dont try it yet, but i will try quick and give you feedback. 

Message 4 of 9 (15,592 Views)

★★★ Novice

So after try it, it worked !! thanks to reddit community which is still and always better than the game support !

Message 5 of 9 (15,571 Views)

★★ Novice

Just curious. Why do you need to your card to vsync and pre render. These setup are included in bfv? 

Does bfv pick up on you global setting? I feel it is just ignoring it ? 

Message 6 of 9 (15,456 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you bud, EA is off their walker now a days, releasing a game that looks this nice and with high hz monitors, I needed thios fix for SLI to get to that 144hz. Thank you again!

Message 7 of 9 (15,160 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@terason33 This does work. EA and Dice are garbage. Their fix is a band aide because they are too lazy to actually fix the core issue.
Message 8 of 9 (13,971 Views)

★★★ Novice
@STOPchris That's what a lot (but not all) companies seem to do these days. My guess is that the devs aren't given the time to really fix things because they are being rushed. I hope that's the case and not that they don't care enough to...
Message 9 of 9 (3,559 Views)