Re: Nvidia GeForce driver 419.35 not a fix for Apex Legends?

by QueckS

Original Post

Nvidia GeForce driver 419.35 not a fix for Apex Legends?

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I was super excited that Nvidia released a new driver, 419.35, that is supposed to fix the random crashes in Apex Legends.

To my chock, this is not the case. I downloaded the driver and installed it, guess what, now the game does not even start. Every time i try to start up the game it gives me a white screen with the message "Apex Legends is not responding".. and then I need to close it.

To this date, by far the most stable driver is 417.71. With that driver, I only crash 1/50 games, and that time without any errors.

Now, I don't know if I am doing something wrong with 419.35, but I istall it as supposed to, restart PC after installation, still, does not work.  

Anyone else having the same issue with 419.35? 

Message 1 of 10 (1,725 Views)

★ Pro
I havent installed it yet.. but i tried 419.17 and went back to 399.24.. Feels better on my gt 1050 ti
Message 2 of 10 (1,697 Views)

Repairing / reinstalling the game should fix this problem.

Let me know if this fixed the problem.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 3 of 10 (1,690 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@nillzoR wrote:

Hello,

I was super excited that Nvidia released a new driver, 419.35, that is supposed to fix the random crashes in Apex Legends.

To my chock, this is not the case. I downloaded the driver and installed it, guess what, now the game does not even start. Every time i try to start up the game it gives me a white screen with the message "Apex Legends is not responding".. and then I need to close it.

To this date, by far the most stable driver is 417.71. With that driver, I only crash 1/50 games, and that time without any errors.

Now, I don't know if I am doing something wrong with 419.35, but I istall it as supposed to, restart PC after installation, still, does not work.  

Anyone else having the same issue with 419.35? 

Bro, I was having trouble with this new driver version... The only one thing that fixed my problem was HERE.

I really recomend you to rollback drivers and if there's any other error to startup game, reinstall your system, install older driver version and just wait for game update... This is the better to do now!

Message 4 of 10 (1,681 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That doesn't help against bad module.

Message 5 of 10 (1,661 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@SvenskFisk wrote:

That doesn't help against bad module.

Maybe... but I was with this error: (This shows on Windows Event Manager -> Application when game freeze then back to desktop, after reinstall Windows, Update it, and clean install game and origin its gone).

Spoiler

"Nome do aplicativo com falha: bad_module_info, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x00000000
Nome do módulo com falha: unknown, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x00000000"

Message 6 of 10 (1,651 Views)

★ Apprentice

no change..after 419 game crash random..one day it work..other it crash randomly 2-3 times ...WTF? !

Message 7 of 10 (1,634 Views)

The latest nvidia driver fixes HUNG error but creates more errors

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I downloaded the recent 419.35 driver from nvidia when it first released a week ago. Ever since then the DEVICE_HUNG errors stopped but I have been receiving an increased amount of the other common errors:

DEVICE_REMOVED

bad_mod_info

and something that happens now and then is a texture error (which I have never received before this new driver).

I know the EA folks working on the forums are going to look at this and think "oh another crash complaint". But seriously, imagine a game you really enjoy playing where each match has a self enclosed progression system. Yet every so often the game will crash, ruining everything you've done for the past 10 minutes. You start a new game and 5 minutes in you crash again. You keep restarting and crashing until eventually you realise after every crashed game you feel less drawn to play the game since you know it will crash again.

I'm not kidding you either. I've crashed 9 times in the last 15 games. Yesterday I crashed around 15 times, the day before that I crashed a similar amount. Also, please don't refer me to any trouble shooting guides because I've spent the better half of two weekends trying 5 different nvidia drives, re-installing windows, making sure all my hardware drivers are up to date, re-installing all C++ software, played on low settings. I've literally wasted 2 weekends on troubleshooting, time I will never get back. Doing a job that I shouldn't be doing because the game shouldn't really be this broken. It's been 2 months since release of the game and you're still nowhere near to fixing the issue.

I've added my DxDiag

Message 8 of 10 (1,546 Views)

Re: The latest nvidia driver fixes HUNG error but creates more errors

★ Guide
@TheHetMasteen
Currently there are no permanent solution. EA is currently working with NVIDIA and AMD to fix this major issue. All we can do is wait and give our feedback of what we encounter.

Hope you understand. Cheers!
Message 9 of 10 (1,531 Views)

Re: The latest nvidia driver fixes HUNG error but creates more errors

★★★★ Novice

1060 6gb here. the new drivers were way worse then the ones before. game ran worse, had some artifacting / flickering in textures and had the device hung crash in 3 out of 5 games when before it happened like once a day. (which considering the errorless->desktop crash and memory crash happen WAY more is acceptable.)

seems like the new drivers are for RTX only. thx nvidia.

Message 10 of 10 (1,480 Views)