Re: Notch display and buttons not working

by AbC9859a8970392

Original Post

Notch display and buttons not working

★★★ Novice

I own a phone that comes with the notch display with curve edges and I'm not sure if its the problem but sometimes when I play I get unresponsive buttons, units won't click or respond and closing menu [x] button takes a lot of attempts. I can't drop L.T Strongarm's Turret either unless I mash the button a few times. The graphics seem a little bad as if they're low resolution and I've found out Samsung users also have that problem. With all of this the game is basically unplayable since I'm always at a HUGE disadvantage. 

Message 1 of 8 (660 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a Nokia 7.1 and I also have very often buttons not responding issue during a match. This is very anoying, I can't do nothing, just watching my opponent win the match... This is really frustrating, can you please fix or optimize this blocking issue.

Message 2 of 8 (633 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yeah it seems like it's notch display related. Check if your phone has settings to turn it off if it's not found in the settings option it might be located in the developers options. For me I don't have such access so I guess I'm just stuck with the problem until EA does something.
Message 3 of 8 (625 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hey @MCloud220, can I ask what device and OS you are facing this issue on? You're correct in that there is a workaround to disable the notch in developer settings on your device. If this is something you wish to try, you can enable developer settings on your device by tapping the "About" button in your device Settings 7 times. This is totally up to you. Once I get your device info I can pass that along to the team for further investigation. Thanks!

@AbC9859a8970392 thanks for posting your device info!

Message 4 of 8 (589 Views)

★★ Novice
After uninstalling and reinstalling the game, no more unresponsive buttons problem during the last two days. Finger crossed...
Message 5 of 8 (585 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Grasshopper

Sorry I forgot to leave my device details via photo here's a screenshot 

Thanks for the help! hope to see a fix soon.

Message 6 of 8 (527 Views)

★★★ Novice

@AbC9859a8970392

Lets hope its working out well for you! 

If not try download a 3rd party app that makes your phone go into full screen immersive mode, it's kind of help me. 

Message 7 of 8 (524 Views)

★★ Novice
Don't know what is "full screen immersive mode" but I will take a look, thanks!

My buttons problem occasionnaly occurs again time to time, and sometime I have to keep pressed a button for 1 second in order it works… may be its related to my opponent bad network? (as I was playing in wifi at home). It's kinda anoying as when it happens, game is generally over for me…
Message 8 of 8 (508 Views)