Re: Not receiving OTP email for SWTOR

by meaningpiano92

Original Post

Not receiving OTP email for SWTOR

★★ Novice

Dear EA Answers HQ, 

I am trying to log into SWTOR after a hiatus over a couple of months. After opening the launcher, I was prompted to give a One Time Password (OTP). I never received the email. I have tried several time over multiple weeks but had no success. I have tried the troubleshooting methods provided in other threads on this forum, but they did not work for me. I also attempted to call the support hotline for Singapore but am unable to get through. The number to call is supposedly 00X 442030141826 where I am supposed to switch 'X' with a single digit number that corresponds to Singapore. I am unsure of this as usually it it (+65) for Singapore.

Display name: noblejohan

I started out as a free-to-play player years ago, then became a one-month subscriber, and am a Preferred player as of now. I am pretty sure I am checking the right email address to see if the OTP email comes in, but it never did. I use the Gmail provider. Kindly waiting for some form of assistance thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (757 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello!

On the info it says you have to put your country number and your provider number. I would suggest trying that. Btw here is the link. You might have already tried that one but just to be safe.

You can always try to switch your email-adress. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a new provider, just a new email will do.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Message 2 of 6 (736 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there @ItzKooo ! I tried putting my country number and the provider number, but unfortunately none of my calls went through. Can I ask, what do you mean switch my email address? In SWTOR website or EA? Right now whenever I open the SWTOR launcher or try to log in to the website, it only prompts for my Display name and password, I have yet to come across one where it prompts for my email address. I am unable to log in to my account on SWTOR's homepage too.

Message 3 of 6 (727 Views)

@meaningpiano92 

The number to call is 

• UK: +44 203 0141 826 (Phone support available from 15.00 GMT - 00.00 GMT)

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 6 (720 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Hi!
It is true that you can only log in with your username and password (and security key if you have one). If you are able to log in at myswtor, go to My account -> update account information (under account creation).
There you will be able to change your email adress. Good luck!
Message 5 of 6 (699 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @proxos666 and @ItzKooo . Thank you for your help. The problem is still unfixed for me, I tried calling the UK hotline, the call got through, but I was waiting in the automated customer service for about 10 minutes and hang up. They informed me my expected waiting time (to stay on the phone) was an hour, and I did not want to have such a long duration for an overseas call. Furthermore, it was really hard to stay on the line expecting someone to pick up while they play Star Wars soundtrack which was at a rather poor sound quality. Guess I will have to just abandon this account and the multiple armor sets and speeders that I have purchased in-game *sobs*.

Thank you still!

Message 6 of 6 (689 Views)