Not getting heirloom shards?

by ScheerIijn

Original Post

Not getting heirloom shards?

★★★ Novice

Hey

So I opened about 600 packs and I did not get any hierloom shards.. Ive been in contact with 2 people from EA. One said there might be a bug and they will investigate it and the other tells me they can't help me on any way since the heirloom shards are getting transferred automatically and he told me to make a post on the forum. Is there anyone having the same issue? Because I am really mad now that I spent money and they dont do anything for me. They are not giving the heirloom shards even though I am sure I opened around the 600 packs. 

Message 1 of 13 (1,862 Views)

Re: Not getting heirloom shards?

★★ Novice

I’m in the exact same situation as you mate. I’ve made two seperate cases regarding the issue and both have been deemed resolved on the EA support site even though that’s not the case at all.

I’ve provided proof with photos of the transactions and everything just so they can see that I’m genuine and not trying to scam them. However this has obviously meant nothing.

The second case I was told to wait and keep playing the game and they’ll appear and that he is someone who goes miles to help gamers and what he has shared is true and that I should trust him... That was over a week ago. This whole missing Heirloom shards ordeal for me has been going on for three weeks in total now and still nothing.

Message 2 of 13 (1,764 Views)

★ Guide

Assuming the design for the Apex Packs is to have a slight chance of dropping the shards unless the user opens a 500th pack without having received any, whereas it would then be designed to automatically give the shards on that 500th pack, then it may be the case that you really haven't opened enough yet. I was having the same frustration. I hit level 500 and spent around $200 on Apex Coins over the course of a few months and still hadn't received the shards... well, until I did. 500 Apex Packs is actually a massive amount when you think about it. Unless you had dozens of packs stocked up at a time before you opened them, there would be no way to accurately count all the packs you received, apart from taking a time-stamped screenshot every single time you received or opened one. You will get one eventually. Yes, it is an immense pain in the posterior trying to get them, and I don't even have an heirloom available for my character yet. The system could use some tweaking.

Message 3 of 13 (1,752 Views)

★★ Novice
I have opened 512 Apex Packs and just got mine on the 500th pack, there is a calculator to be sure how many has been opened. it really opens your eyes on how little you've actually gotten.
Message 4 of 13 (1,728 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SinorixYT I spent money and I know im around 600 packs already. So yeah
Message 5 of 13 (1,721 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ah I see. So I am not the only one apparantly. Well someone from EA told me they sent my issue/problem to Respawn.. So now I am waiting for for that.. They've sent it yesterday (Or well, EA tells me they sent it, you never know).. So they told me that if its a bug, we'll see it on twitter/forum/patch notes soon. If its a problem with my account, they'll contact me about it or contact me for a compensation or whatever.. I really hope its true and I will get a response.. Really mad that I spent so much money and then I don't get what they tell is actually guaranteed

Message 6 of 13 (1,718 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Trinderliscous
Ah I see. So I am not the only one apparantly. Well someone from EA told me they sent my issue/problem to Respawn.. So now I am waiting for for that.. They've sent it yesterday (Or well, EA tells me they sent it, you never know).. So they told me that if its a bug, we'll see it on twitter/forum/patch notes soon. If its a problem with my account, they'll contact me about it or contact me for a compensation or whatever.. I really hope its true and I will get a response.. Really mad that I spent so much money and then I don't get what they tell is actually guaranteed
Message 7 of 13 (1,717 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SugaryJuice The thing is. I was missing the kunai and spent some money on packs. But yeah, the system doesnt seem to work since I am 100% sure to have opened around 600 packs
Message 8 of 13 (1,715 Views)

★★ Novice

Appreciate you’re input but sadly I know I’ve opened 508 packs and didn’t get the Heirloom Shards as I purchased 50,850 Apex Coins purely to open that many packs in hopes of getting Heirloom shards.

Message 9 of 13 (1,688 Views)

★★ Novice

That’s good news mate. I hope it gets fixed for you soon. I posted on reddit my story in attempt to spread awareness on the issue as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/hn4c81/please_dont_chase_after_heirloom_shards/

Message 10 of 13 (1,686 Views)