Not getting credit for kills/assists

by Tertius

Original Post

Not getting credit for kills/assists

★★★ Apprentice

The video says it all. Rey’s dash hits Fett (it even stops her for a split second) he dies a second later, but I get no credit. Seconds later I help kill Vader, so it doesn’t appear to be connectivity/lag.

This happens on an Xbox One (Wi-Fi),  One S (Wi-Fi), and One X (Ethernet). While it is random, it does happen in every single HvV game since the second to last patch. 

https://youtu.be/lwvKE8W1y-s

Message 1 of 3 (371 Views)

Re: Not getting credit for kills/assists

Hello @Tertius and thanks for reporting in! (I've moved this thread to the bug category).

So what is going on here:

1. You hit an enemy for a small amount of health
  2. Assist point are counted to your score 
  3. Elimination is not counted on the scoreboard

So let's discuss the score/credit/BP first

- In all modes, you get score (shown on the scoreboard) and BP (used to buy levels within a certain match).

- Score influences the position on the scoreboard with which eventually is calculated how many credits you get from the match

So here, you get score assigned, but it is not counted as an elimination on the scoreboard. I remember some older reports about the scoreboard not showing levels correctly, which might be related to this.

If you encounter this again, could you send in more videos? I am curious if this happens consistantly!

Thanks again for the report!

Message 2 of 3 (327 Views)

Re: Not getting credit for kills/assists

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@DYSPROssium wrote:

Hello @Tertius and thanks for reporting in! (I've moved this thread to the bug category).

So what is going on here:

1. You hit an enemy for a small amount of health
  2. Assist point are counted to your score 
  3. Elimination is not counted on the scoreboard

So let's discuss the score/credit/BP first

- In all modes, you get score (shown on the scoreboard) and BP (used to buy levels within a certain match).

- Score influences the position on the scoreboard with which eventually is calculated how many credits you get from the match

So here, you get score assigned, but it is not counted as an elimination on the scoreboard. I remember some older reports about the scoreboard not showing levels correctly, which might be related to this.

If you encounter this again, could you send in more videos? I am curious if this happens consistantly!

Thanks again for the report!

Those aren’t “old reports” they happen daily. I even have a screenshot of a player with 0 eliminations in the #1 spot on his team. 

I attached a link to my YouTube account in my original post. Is it not working? This site won’t allow me to upload videos. No matter what format I choose it says it’s unsupported. 

You’re explanation is very... odd. Especially since the only information conveyed to the player is the death of your opponent and how it was achieved. If I understand you correctly, you’ve described how the game counts who’s been assisted v. who did the assisting. Which makes sense. However, either way a kill is a kill and the game has always acknowledged it with an on-screen notification. Up until the patch before last anyway.

There was no notification here which is what prompted me to check my score. What made it worse is I made an assisted kill in exactly the same manner, and my score/kill number updated accordingly. 

Message 3 of 3 (312 Views)