Not displaying on main monitor

by Nulluminati

Original Post

Not displaying on main monitor

★★★ Newbie

I have a dual monitor setup and Apex Legends does not want to display on my main monitor in borderless windowed or fullscreen. Is there a solution for this?

Message 7 of 12 (4,819 Views)

Can't choose which monitor to play on

★★★ Novice

Playing on PC and it's a major pain getting the game on the correct monitor. I have two monitors, my primary that programs initially open on and one that I use specifically for gaming. As of right now the only way for me to open the game on my second monitor is to make it my primary through display settings, open the game and adjust the resolution, then go back into display settings and reassign my other monitor to primary. Having to do this every time makes the game unplayable for me. Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 12 (4,889 Views)

Dual monitor issue

★ Novice

Please add a setting to make it so I can run Apex full screen on my secondary monitor.

Message 2 of 12 (4,946 Views)

Re: Can't choose which monitor to play on

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

this, on top of having to turn off all RGB to play the game has lead to me quitting before i could even give it a chance.

Message 3 of 12 (4,806 Views)

2nd Monitor problem

★ Novice

When I open up my inventory or pre legend select (lobby), if I move my mouse over to the edge and click my 2nd monitor it alt tabs me out of the game. Is there a reason why this is happening to me? I play in Full Monitor not windowed or borderless. I have done it occasionally where I'm in the middle of a fight, open inventory and my mouse swings over onto my 2nd monitor and I am in a rush to click and boom im alt tabbed... And obviously when I alt tab back in it's a 50/50 I'm still alive lol. Why is this a thing? Any help appreciated.

Message 4 of 12 (4,811 Views)

Re: 2nd Monitor problem

★★★ Apprentice

use border less!

It will allow you to click on a second monitor without disrupting the game

Message 5 of 12 (4,805 Views)

Re: 2nd Monitor problem

★ Novice

Yeah but then I'm not utilizing my 144hz monitor and you get input lag from borderless... so I rather not.

Message 6 of 12 (4,803 Views)

Opening on wrong monitor

★★★★★ Newbie

I have three monitors, Apex is opening on my far left one and not my middle monitor like every other game.

I changed it to windowed mode, moved it, and tried to change it back to fullscreen or borderless window but it just goes back to the far left monitor again.

Any ideas?

Message 8 of 12 (4,795 Views)

Re: Opening on wrong monitor

Community Manager

If you're having trouble playing the game on a different monitor we have an approved solution in another post.

How to switch your game to a different monitor

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Unable-to-switch-to-a-secondary-monitor/m-p/7427991/highl...

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 12 (4,759 Views)

Re: Opening on wrong monitor

★★★★★ Newbie

Tried that, does not work.

Message 10 of 12 (4,756 Views)