Not connecting - going into offline mode February 2021

by DarthFDG

Original Post

Not connecting - going into offline mode February 2021

Hero

Within the past week I am not able to connect consistently. About 50% of the time when I start the game, it puts me in offline mode (no error code). Usually, I just have to restart the game to connect.

Anyone else seeing this?

Is this just a continuation of the connection issues from a few weeks ago?

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 1 of 88 (9,654 Views)

Re: Not connecting - going into offline mode February 2021

★★ Guide

@DarthFDG 

I think there is another similar thread somewhere? But ....

Over the last couple of days I have seen SW2 Battlefront load into offline mode on start up. Sometimes after selecting connect its all OK ...at other times I had to connect 4-5 times before getting on-line. I see an error message 721 ... but not every time. Once connected its all OK until next time I start it up.

See here (sorry its a bit long winded). ...   https://youtu.be/UQzzGPeYxq8

Message 2 of 88 (9,619 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yep, happening every time I launch SWBF2 now for the past couple of days - the game won't connect at startup and goes into offline mode. Fortunately, I can get it to connect after 5-6 retries on the main screen, then it works fine. But clearly there's some issue here that needs to be fixed. I'm in Australia using CE of SWBF2.

Message 3 of 88 (9,547 Views)

Hero

@EA_Atic - Any perspective on this?

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 4 of 88 (9,515 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarthFDG all is looking green currently on our side. are you still seeing issues? 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 88 (9,463 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm still unabe to connect. Not even restarting or clicking on connect helps.

Message 6 of 88 (9,451 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Origin client needed to update today. Although I haven't played in a couple of weeks, after today's patch I can't play SWBF2 online.

The game always starts offline and says my internet connection isn't working. Needless to mention that is incorrect. Sometimes the Origin client will say it was started from a different application and needs to be restarted. This might be related to the coupling between the Epic launcher and the game. Restarting each of the related pieces of software or starting the game from either the desktop short/Epic client/Origin client didn't help.

An issue was introduced recently to one of the programs in the stack. The impact isn't high enough to warrant attention, it seems. Well, gift horse and all.

Message 7 of 88 (9,441 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Atic 

Its 23.00 hrs GMT and it is still happening. I have found ...as mentioned in several places ....if you keep trying the CONNECT ....it will eventually will connect. It may take 2-3 tries or in excess of 10 but eventually it connects. Its almost if you are being queued?

https://youtu.be/UQzzGPeYxq8

Message 8 of 88 (9,426 Views)

★ Guide

It's been happening to me for almost 72 hours now.  It usually connects by the 4th or 5th try.

Message 9 of 88 (9,403 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey everyone, 

Can I get your country, platform, ISP  and what troubleshooting you have tried to solve it. Will help us investigate any issues.  

We are currently not seeing any issues and when we are testing the game its working for us.

/Atic 

Message 10 of 88 (9,374 Views)