Re: Not connecting - going into offline mode February 2021

by chuntery

Original Post

★ Guide

Same, though I must say it's gotten somewhat better.  Twice over the day I've been suprised when I opened the game to find I was connected automatically.

Message 51 of 88 (798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not sure where this will end up in the thread but as of today (31/03/21) I'm having this problem ongoing.  Tonight I've got it working after about the fifth try, nothing else on my system games wise is experiencing problems and no internet connection problems.

Message 52 of 88 (790 Views)

★ Guide

I have to say I had a good BF2 day.  6 Game Launches with 6 Instant Automatic Connection and a ping of 19ms.

Now I need to learn how to dual.  I am possibly the worst lightsaber user in all of Battlefront 2.

Message 53 of 88 (769 Views)

★★ Guide

I have seen times when I connect first time ....but there are still more examples where it takes numerous CONNECT attempts Frown

I run the game multiple times during the day and once I had to hit the button over 16 times yesterday get connected ! So sadly its not gone away.

Message 54 of 88 (744 Views)

PC Celebration Edition Error 721 (Maintenance?)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Context:  Less than 24 hours ago I was playing this game perfectly.  Have had the game almost a year, as I bought the Celebration Edition during last year's May the 4th sale.  Have never ever had any issues with it till now.

As of this morning, when opening Battlefront II and getting into Instant Action I noticed that none of my normal appearances were equipped, and so I looked and saw most appearances not even unlocked anymore.  Neither too were my normal Star Cards equipped I then noticed that I was not connected.  On trying to Connect, I got an Error 721, could not connect to EA servers.  I closed the game and made sure that my Origin was logged in online, and it was, so I opened the game again, no Dice, restarted my PC and tried again, no Dice, restarted Origin again and made sure to open the game from the Origin library, and now I seem to be "Online".  This went away when I tried reopening the game to solve issue 2, but now goes on and off.  As of right now, it's still giving me a 721.

Is there any sort of maintenance being put through this morning?  This is very strange, I've never had an issue with this game.  Normally I just turn it on, and away I go.  As stated above, only yesterday I did just that, but now something has gone awry, and I certainly haven't changed anything on my end, which is why I'm wondering if EA servers are having something going on this morning?

I've verified game files and also tried the Repair option.

Message 55 of 88 (725 Views)

Champion

Not yet resolved...

Maybe some other posts (about error 721) should be merged here. Wondering

Message 56 of 88 (696 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bumping this. Still happening every single time I boot up bf2 on PC. I do this dozens of time a day, every day and it hasn't changed in months

Message 57 of 88 (678 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, mine took 6 tries this morning and then was auto-connected later in the afternoon on the first try.

There is no doubt this is an ongoing issue.

Message 58 of 88 (668 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hello there, 

I have sent this issue on for investigations. I also notice there some weirdness this morning. 

/Atic

Message 59 of 88 (624 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Atic 

There are at least three threads on this subject (possibly more) ... will you collect them all into one?

Message 60 of 88 (593 Views)