Re: Not connecting - going into offline mode February 2021

by Sati_Sati

Original Post

★ Novice
@chuntery Hi! Your advice was a helping way to me. After 6 tries, it connectc! Thx!
Message 21 of 88 (1,035 Views)

★ Novice

Put this in a notepad, save as .cmd and run it as Admin. Then try to connect, accept the error message, and keep trying until it connect. That was my case, and now I'm online.

Text for the script:

@echo off
NETSH INTERFACE IPV4 RESET
NETSH WINSOCK RESET
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ip reset reset.log
echo You now have to reboot your PC!
pause

Finish!

Have Nice Game!

Message 22 of 88 (1,028 Views)

★ Guide

The only issue with that solution is that "Just keep trying until you connect" is the only part that seems to be necessary to fix it.

Message 23 of 88 (1,016 Views)

★ Guide

Now the game has completely stopped launching.

Erro BF2.PNG

And I'm getting this error about "Upstream Service Unavailable".

Message 24 of 88 (1,011 Views)

★ Guide

I just checked and it seems that this is related to a Server-Side Error that also happened about 4 weeks ago with EA's Servers.

This is frustrating.

Message 25 of 88 (1,003 Views)

Champion

Yes, we are still having this issue.

(Error code 721.)

Excuse me, is there any progress? Wondering

Message 26 of 88 (929 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic are you guys still following this? Im quite sure this is related to overloaded servers or something (or maybe some programmed limit per-service-limit has been reached?), Im in Linköping Sweden and have been experiencing issues logging in (wont work like 50% of the time) about since the game went free. Never experienced issues logging in to the same extent as I do rn.

I hope this is not just being ignored, after all there are people here who bought this game for its online features (like me). Would be nice with some kind of statement on whats happening on your side of this.
Message 27 of 88 (893 Views)

★ Guide

@officernickwilde Thank you for mentioning that.  I paid $90 for a Steam deal to get this, Squadrons and Fallen Order.  I'm still averaging 4-5 attempts to connect on average and just kind of accepted that as part of playing.  But there seems to be a lot of other people having this issue and a quick Google search shows that this is basically a known issue at EA.

Message 28 of 88 (880 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yep, I'm in Australia and it happens constantly. Right now (lunchtime) I can't get in at all, even after 8 retries.

I did a fresh install of Windows 10 a week ago, and I even did a Network Reset in Windows 10, along with router reboot and fushing DNS cache just now to make sure.

The error code is usually caused on the server side, and probably because SWBF2 was recently given away for free on the EPIC store, so the few servers they've got left for a legacy game are being hammered.

Message 29 of 88 (827 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hello there, 

Can we keep to the ask I have above "Country, platform, ISP and what troubleshooting you have tried to solve it." it helps for investigations.

It’s not a capacity issue and all servers are reporting green at the moment. Its why I'm asking for more in-depth questions above for information gathering. 

/Atic

Message 30 of 88 (799 Views)