Not allowing change of resolution.

by Zethran00

Original Post

Re: "Failed to CreateGameWindow. Resolution (1280x720) unsupported?"

★★★★ Apprentice
That will work, but having to change the whole desktop resolution before playing a game isn't really a fix.
Message 21 of 33 (3,464 Views)

★★★ Newbie
omg!!!! it worked

thx DaaanD Wink
Message 22 of 33 (3,153 Views)

Re: Not allowing change of resolution.

★ Novice

I have the same problem. Did anyone fix it? If I try the -fullscreen method my game won't launch. 

Message 23 of 33 (2,985 Views)

Re: Can't change resolution in game

★★ Novice
It didn't and in this case I cant play the game on my native res because my pc isnt that high end
Message 24 of 33 (2,900 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I changed "advanced launch option", didn't work. I changed the videoconfig notepad, didn't work as well. Now i'm stuck with a windowed setting. Can't change the resolution while in-game setting. It's always 1280x720. It was 1920x1080 native before.

Message 25 of 33 (2,746 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@vKEVUv This actually worked thx m8

Message 26 of 33 (2,663 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Zethran00 me 2
Message 27 of 33 (2,106 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Zethran00 I couldn't change it with controller but when I used mouse to access settings I was able to
Message 28 of 33 (1,885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I just picked this up on sale, why is this still a problem?! I've never seen any game do this in my entire life. To top it off there is no official ultrawide cut-scene support and they look like crap at 16:9. 

Additionally, the fix here, navigating to Local Disk > Users > User > Saved Games > Respawn there is no Apex folder and no videoconfig file. I'm not sure if it's because I bought this on steam but having to press Alt+E every time I start the game and then change the resolution from 1280x720 to 5120x1440, one mouse click at a time on an arrow (about 10 times) is really * tedious. 

Should have known this was a Respawn title. They are good at making mediocre ports and then quickly abandoning them. 

Edit: 

I just realized this is a fix for Apex Legends, I have this exact same problem in Jedi Fallen Order but there is no videoconfig file there! 

Message 29 of 33 (1,644 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried everyway i knew...like restoring my nvidia control pannel settings, the videoconfig thing, re downloading the game but still i cant change my (Resolution and Aspect Ratio) in game...Aspect Ratio is stuck at 16:9 and Resolution is stuck on 1920x1080 and i cant change it...and because of this i cant get a good fps even with lowering the other settings...please help
I also was able to change them before the Christmas update (Srry for bad English)

Message 30 of 33 (1,419 Views)