Re: Not Receiving One Time Passwords, Can Apparently Never Play The Game Again

by Belgorad

Original Post

Not Receiving One Time Passwords, Can Apparently Never Play The Game Again

★★★ Newbie

I can't log into the game, because I can't receive the One Time Password. I've waited for days and nothing has come, I´ve messaged on Facebook to no avail, and after waiting for days for an email response I was told "just call us lmao"

I live in Iceland, I can't call without it being hugely expensive, and I refuse to spend money to log into a game where I´ve purchased content just because EA for some reason has a problem sending password emails.

The entire support website is a joke that sends you in a huge circle. They advertise that the phones are back open, but nowhere do they give you a phone number to call. When I try to open a ticket, my only option is to come here to ask you guys. Google has told me that my only other option besides calling support is to change my email, which I can't do without logging in. The SWTOR site says that it would be a good idea to add the security key, which I of course can't do without logging in.

This is beyond ridiculous and I'm completely frustrated that I can't just play the damn game. All support has to do is send me one stupid email and they can't seem to manage even that.

How can I play SWTOR again?

Message 1 of 4 (383 Views)

Hero

@KrummiKloki 

For the issue of not receiving the one time password, see if any of the steps here can help.

As for contacting support via phone, their contact information and hours of operation are found here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 4 (350 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What I don't understand is why doesn't the One Time Password system work? Literally every answer I´ve gotten is "call the company."

Is there no other option? Why can't this be handled through email?

Message 3 of 4 (333 Views)

Hero

@KrummiKloki 

I linked a guide in my previous post.  See if any of the steps in that guide will resolve the issue.

You can try to email them at support@swtor.com however keep in mind it is a three day response time currently.  Phone support would be faster since that is an option again, though via email they may or may not advise you to call instead but it's an option.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 4 of 4 (312 Views)