Not Receiving One-Time Password :(

by prOlegionHUN

Original Post

Not Receiving One-Time Password :(

★★ Novice

If i try log in the game send me the enter the one time password massage and it says they send 1 email within 15 minutes 

i get this need one time password masage on Wednesday 

the problem is i dont get any email  form Starwars The Old Republc Frown 

Message 1 of 9 (3,009 Views)

Re: Not Receiving One-Time Password :(

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

These guys pull this * all the time. I've had to wait on so many emails that should just be automated. Password changes, email verification and multiple one time password requests that take at least an hour to receive. I just want to play the damn game, SMH EA you're going to kill whatever business you manage to get from diehard fans.

Like at least Blizzard gives actual customer service, gw2 doesn't * on free players, and even * RIFT or Aion at least send the automated emails right away.

Message 2 of 9 (2,970 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Just realized OP is from 11 hours ago.... For an email that is supposed to send in 15 minutes....

Is there even any * customer support or is this Answers HQ so we can * around with each other?

On the https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/448903752548753408 They're saying they are looking into it as of 2014. Google pulls up similar issues from 2013 all the way to 2017 with the same frequency. Are you guys liars or is your automated email service just broken. If it's been * up for years no wonder this game is dying. Have you guys just given up on competing with other MMOS?

Message 3 of 9 (2,958 Views)

@imMiyagi @prOlegionHUN

If the emails do not turn up, if you know the EA/Oriign account associated with the swtor account , changing the email there (best use email address never used on an EA/Origin account) should change the email address on the swtor account.

If that fails then calling CS (Link to numbers) they can manually send you an OTP or change the email address if needed.

I do recommend setting up a security key once you get access again, no need for the OTPs to arrive by email and get 100 cartel coins per month.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 9 (2,935 Views)

★★ Novice

my email addres changed .. what is the average email sending time ? :D .... i changed 4 hours ago 

Message 5 of 9 (2,912 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been having this problem for months, I cant get into the game at all now. The one time password turns up over 24 hours later or dosent turn up at all. No one at EA gives a * unless your a sub, so good luck getting any help.

Message 6 of 9 (2,906 Views)

★★ Novice

but why ... ?! why cant they just send 1 email ? .. this  so heavy or what ? 

Message 7 of 9 (2,902 Views)

★★ Novice

how can i gte the support to snd me just one email ? i think my email is bugged or so no single email form old republic but from EA lot and whit just no wait time Frown 

Message 8 of 9 (2,893 Views)

@prOlegionHUN @beakergirl

as mentioned in a previous post

If that fails then calling CS (Link to numbers) they can manually send you an OTP or change the email address if needed.

They can also ascertain if their system is sending the emails immediately, if they are the delay is occurring elsewhere, it is possible that ISP spam scanners can be delaying or even quarantining the emails.

Try switching to a gmail account for example

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 9 of 9 (2,881 Views)