Not Receiving One-Time Password

by Chris1655

Original Post

Re: One time password

EA Live QV Team

@Genso123 @Zoanoroid @DarthRevan1234

One Time Password, Email Validations, and other system emails should be recovering and working again now, though there might be some residual delays while the system catches up.

Message 31 of 155 (3,414 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Kiplingwrote:

@Zoanoroid@DarthRevan1234

We're currently investigating the One Time Password issues. It seems to be affecting all email providers, or at least there doesn't seem to be any trends so far.

system just sent me OTP 5 mins ago, but failed.

Message 32 of 155 (3,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Still not working,waited 2 hours for the password.I don't understand how a company of your caliber can even have this problem. Like,its so garbage,how is it possible that your system can't remember my computer even tho I've been playing the game for 10 days straight on it,and every single day it keeps sending me OTP's. I feel shame for you.

Message 33 of 155 (3,296 Views)

@veelarion

Mail servers can be problematic at times, whether it is bioware mail servers or any other mail server on the Internet

Its why i dont use the OTP for login but use a security key, i am not waiting on an email with a security key.

OTPs are also a one time use code per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-time_password not a one time only code.

If you want options on setting up a security key see this link

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 34 of 155 (3,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah but we need otp to make a security key

Message 35 of 155 (3,243 Views)

Betreff: One time password

★★★★★ Expert

@Zoanoroid @venderss @veelarion @DarthRevan1234

The issues with the one-time passwords should now be resolved.

This was posted in the official swtor-forums:

Hey folks,

We had a few intermittent issues with OTP but they should all be resolved now. Thanks!

-eric

Source

Message 36 of 155 (3,236 Views)

Betreff: One time password

Feedback from swtor CS is as follows.

The OTP is still being monitored by CS, it is however considered sorted at present, There could be still some delays with certain email providers however.
Eg of this is some people appear to be having an issue getting the OTP email if using an @laposte.net email address

If there is still an issue getting an OTP best recommendation is to give CS a call so they can assist on an individual basis.

Phone Support – For any Account, Payment, or Technical issues our Customer Service team is here for you! You can reach them via the following numbers:

USA: 1-(855)-345-2186 (Phone support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT)
UK: +44 (0)203 0141 826 (Phone support available from 15.00 GMT - 3.00 GMT)
Germany: +49 (0) 221 8282 9212 (Phone support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)
France: +33 (0) 4 81 68 10 51 (Phone support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)

The (0) is not dialed if external to the country listed.
eg. If in UK 0203 0141 826
if outside UK +44 203 0141 826

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 37 of 155 (3,212 Views)

Re: Not Receiving One-Time Password

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I have trouble receiving my one-time passwords too. Im new here, just arrived to look for answers. I dont know if this helps, im using gmail and i have a preferred status. I havent played in a while but during all these years i have never encountered this problem. Do you have any advice on what i can do? If there is a solution without me having to call (does it cost much to call?).

When i try to log in i can only put my display name (Zoirr) and password. No email address. Im not even sure why i need one-time passwords literally every time i log in.

Message 38 of 155 (3,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@barbaraspu733

There are currently problems with the one-time passwords, but first you can try this guide.

You can find more information here.

If you no longer want to use one-time passwords, you can also set up a security key.

Message 39 of 155 (3,169 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Dear Sir/Madame,

I have the same problem - i do not receive SWTOR One-time password emails.

I use gmail address (it ends with "gmail.com") and i have already put "[edit: email address removed]" on the list of safe-senders, but the problem persists.

Can anything else be done to fix this problem?

Message 40 of 155 (3,159 Views)