Re: One time password

by Zaleukos

Original Post

@Learithe

Have you considered setting up a security key ? this way you do not need to wait for an email, if need use winauth on that pc as the swtor app doesnt need to be specifically used.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 121 of 155 (1,048 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Zaleukos You're using your own domain for emails, which might be why the OTPs are taking so long as whoever is running your domain might not have very frequent email fetch intervals. Switching to a common email provider (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc.) should get the OTPs arriving before they expire.

@jfitzworth I can see you eventually received a valid OTP and logged in.

@jealousplacebo I don't think you've successfully logged in yet. You can give us a quick call so we can get you logged in.

Message 122 of 155 (1,033 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kipling After switching to my gmail account I received the otp mail without problems in about a minute from the request and so I was able to finally log in (both in game and on the website). I don't know what's happened with my old email account seeing that I was using it since 2015. I will try to contact the provider to see if something has changed in the last week; anyway, from now on, I will stick with the gmail account to avoid further problems.

Thank you very much for your help and explanation!

Message 123 of 155 (1,021 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kipling I never logged into the game, I did log into the website though. After my email was switched to gmail, I never received the OTP at all. Trying again as I type this.

Message 124 of 155 (1,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It has now been passed the time limit for the OTP to be of use and I still have not received any OTP emails on any of my email accounts, checked spam and trash and everything. I cannot even get a OTP to receive a security key so I do not have to do this again. 

Message 125 of 155 (993 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@proxos666 To setup a security key, you need a OTP, in order to get the OTP you need the email, if the email doesn't come on time, then the OTP does not work. 

Message 126 of 155 (976 Views)

★★★★ Novice

To update, I managed to finally get a security key OTP on time, so now I can log into the game and update and play. 

Message 127 of 155 (974 Views)

Re: Not Receiving One-Time Password

★★★ Newbie

Im with gmail and im still not recieving one time passwords. Any advice? 

Message 128 of 155 (967 Views)

@ItzKale

Best to call (Link) so they can help get you sorted 

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 129 of 155 (957 Views)

★ Novice

I tried to log in the game, got the OTP message (it's been 20 minutes). Then I tried to log in on the website, got the OTP thing again, and I got one email, and the system (website and game) doesn't accept it. Wonderful. Such a nice warm welcome after being unable to play for 3 months. 

Message 130 of 155 (877 Views)