Re: One time password

by Learithe

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I'm having problems with the otp since yesterday.

I'm actually receiving the otp but I'm receiving it after a long time (2 or more hours after I try to login) and it obviously doesn't work.

I've tried again to log in about 40 minutes ago and I'm still waiting for the otp.

I can only add that, until now, every attempt I made resulted in getting an otp even if too late to be useful.

Message 111 of 155 (1,240 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, received the emails a few minutes after I posted

Message 112 of 155 (1,184 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Twenty-four hours after my post, I'm still not able to login and, if possible, the situation is worsening…

That's because I'm now receiving the otp mails only after more than 4 hours from my login attempt on game launcher and If I try to login on my account on the SWTOR website I'm not receiving any otp mail at all.

I really hope someone could check what's the problem with my account…

Message 113 of 155 (1,146 Views)

Hero

@Zaleukos

Can you see if any steps in this guide here helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 114 of 155 (1,123 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Why is this still a problem? I have asked multiple times today to receive the one time password to no avail. It appears that this problem has been going on since last October, yet here we are still not receiving our OTP? I just want to play again. I have a yahoo email account, and just tried a few things you suggested @Belgorad but none of them worked. 

Message 115 of 155 (1,087 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The problem is persisting and remaining frustrating. At 5:33 the one time password arrived after 10 minutes.Same thing the day before (for some reason when i use my home internet it doesnt require a one time password, but my internet is so bad i use my phone's hotspot because it is ACTUALLY BETTER, which makes me require a one time password for some reason)

at 7, i tried logging in after getting back from dinner.

it has been an HOUR since I was supposed to have receieved the one time password via my gmail. this is not acceptable.

Message 116 of 155 (1,078 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know I just posted, but I have tried to change my email several times to try and see if that was the problem, but I am not even receiving the confirmation email for those. This is kinda crappy.

Message 117 of 155 (1,061 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this problem as well now. Gmail account.  

Message 118 of 155 (1,043 Views)

★★★ Newbie

(The emails are arriving, but it takes about 40 minutes, by which time they have expired. In contrast, emails regarding my posts on this help forum thread are arriving instantly...)

Message 119 of 155 (1,037 Views)

★★★ Newbie

... and now suddenly one actually came through in time. Phew!

Message 120 of 155 (1,034 Views)