Re: Not Receiving One-Time Password

by RealymanLP

Original Post

I don´t receive emails

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i was playing to SWTOR two years ago, and now i would like return, but when i try to connect my account in website, i cant because i don´t get security key, and it sent me one-time password, but i don´t receive email. I try to get password or name account, but again i don´t receive email.

I know name account and password, but i don´t know why i don´t receive emails.

Please, can you help? I would like to play again with my characters.

Message 81 of 155 (1,445 Views)

Betreff: I don´t receive emails

★★★★★ Expert

@abc1035604080

There are currently problems with the one-time passwords, but first you can try this guide.

You can find more information here.

You can also call the support to get back into your account. Here are the numbers:

USA: 1-(855)-345-2186 (Phone support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT)
UK: +44 (0)203 0141 826 (Phone support available from 15.00 GMT - 3.00 GMT)
Germany: +49 (0) 221 8282 9212 (Phone support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)
France: +33 (0) 4 81 68 10 51 (Phone support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)

Message 82 of 155 (1,443 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried several times to log in and each time am greeted with the 'One Time Password required' prompt. I dont think it makes a difference as to who you have your e-mail with as this would appear to be server side. I had this issue some months ago and forgot all about the game for a few days and then all of a sudden it started working again. It must be either a borked update, or server workload, either way it needs sorting.

Message 83 of 155 (1,442 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Melinus

Unfortunately, there are still problems with the one-time passwords.

You can find more information here.

You can also call the support to get back into your account. Here are the numbers:

USA: 1-(855)-345-2186 (Phone support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT)
UK: +44 (0)203 0141 826 (Phone support available from 15.00 GMT - 3.00 GMT)
Germany: +49 (0) 221 8282 9212 (Phone support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)
France: +33 (0) 4 81 68 10 51 (Phone support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)

Message 84 of 155 (1,441 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I tried guide and nothing. I cant call the support because i am from other country and i cant call them.

Do you have email to try speak with someone through skype?
Message 85 of 155 (1,408 Views)

@abc1035604080

There is a known issue with receiving emails at present so best to wait until it is known that issue is sorted.

If you still cant receive an otp email you will need to call to resolve the issue.

so wait for now and see if you do need to call or not

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 86 of 155 (1,398 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sadly the cost of a call to the USA would be quite expensive and the time zone is different so I wouldn't be able to talk to someone anyway.  I will have to wait till monday workday and hope they fix the issue.  Sadly this does not allow me to enjoy the game until that happens.

Message 87 of 155 (1,385 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Why don't they just remove the OTP feature for the time being? It's broken, the user base can't get into the damn thing they are paying for or turn off their damn subs. Paying money for this is completely unacceptable. 

Message 88 of 155 (1,368 Views)

@Physkogerbil

Unfortunately the otp is tied to account security , I do recommend once this is resolved setup a security key (Link) so you wont have to wait for an email again to play.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 89 of 155 (1,350 Views)

★★★ Newbie
adding "[edit: email address removed]" to the allowed list on my email worked for me thank you.
Message 90 of 155 (1,338 Views)