Re: North American Servers Not Working AND I Think I Know Why...

by jaltman2

Original Post

North American Servers Not Working AND I Think I Know Why...

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Lag has been BAD on console (PS4) lately and I am really starting the think that all east coast servers are not working in Apex Legends.  Here's why...

I'm lucky enough to own a Netgear XR500 router with one of the best software interfaces on the market.  It allows me to set a radius of servers that it can use from my home in NC and if I turn this feature on, it will not hook me up to anything on the west coast, EU, or anywhere else except the east coast.  It works perfectly for Fortnite and COD because I know exactly where their servers are and I can set it to only hook up to east coast servers.  

EA has servers all over the east coast including 2 in Virginia, which is super close to me, and when I set my router to just hook up to east coast servers it never can find a connection.  I've even opened it up to find anything from NY to Florida and it still can't log me on. I don't think east coast people should be having to connect through west coast or EU severs to be able to play the game and it's getting very old.  

I love the game but you can't have fun on any online multiplayer without a pretty good connection.  If I turn that feature on my router off, it hooks up fine but I think it's hooking me up overseas and lag is ridiculous.  Anyone else having this issue?

Message 1 of 5 (277 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It shows by default that I connect to West Coast Servers here in SD. I don't recall seeing anything listed on the east coast. The lag has been horrible with delayed animations and glitches, all with the recently developed issue of the Peacekeeper shooting through people, especially Bangalore and Mirage. I have a nearly constant connection icon in the top right corner too with 100mgb down/10mgb up internet. EA won't be happy until this game is completely dead.

Message 2 of 5 (239 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@-NW-JestGerv There is a lot of East coast servers and the lag and network problems are global not coastal.
Message 3 of 5 (230 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Totally agree and understand.

Message 4 of 5 (222 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It completely blows my mind that they can not invest enough resources to get this game playing smoother.  The window is wide open right now for someone to make a fun first person shooter battle royale and make serious bank!  I'm a thousand times better at FPS games than 3rd person because of years of COD grinding and with the hit markers being all over the place and the chunks of the game where you feel like you are running in quicksand, it makes it unplayable right now.  

I'm seriously rooting for EA on this one but I'm starting to loose faith in anything changing...

Message 5 of 5 (191 Views)