Non stop crashes and freezes ;/

by MisiuPlant

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Non stop crashes and freezes ;/

★★ Novice

Dear EA,

I've been trying to play this game for over two weeks now, but simply cannot. The amount of random crashes, freezes, audio cutouts occurs so often, that I am currently unable to play the game for more than 15 minutes straight, losing all the unsaved progress every time I have to restart the whole Xbox.

Please kindly confirm whether you are planning to address the issues on the new Xbox, since I've read somewhere that from 2019 onwards you're not planning to patch this game. If this is the case, I am going to file a motion for a refund to the reseller of the game which is simply faulty and unusable and shall remain that way indefinitely. It's a real shame btw, since the game is very enjoyable and satisfying to play.

Kind regards,

Wojciech

Message 1 of 7 (1,165 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Non stop crashes and freezes ;/

Hero (Retired)

@MisiuPlant

I'm not sure if updates and patches are still rolling out for Garden Warfare 2.

And you are correct, there should be no difference between Physical and Digital, but I thought it may help this situation.

From what I've seen, there aren't anymore changes, or updates made to Battle for Neighborville.

You can read more here: https://www.ea.com/games/plants-vs-zombies/plants-vs-zombies-battle-for-neighborville/news/news-from...

If you scroll down towards the end, there will be more information.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,101 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hey @MisiuPlant

Sorry to hear about this issues you're experiencing.

Can you try clearing the MAC Address, and doing a hard reset on your Console?

Go to Settings, Network, Advanced Settings, Alternate MAC Address, and Clear. Then fully turn off your Console for 30 seconds or so, and turn it back on.

Launch the game again, and see if you're still having this issue.

You can also go to manage game, and see if there are any updates available. Have you also tried uninstalling / reinstalling the game as well?

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

★★ Novice

Hello,

Yes, I already tried to clear the MAC Address, following your advice in one of the prior topics.

What I've noticed is that it is the coop mode that crashes the game. If I let it run for 20-30 minutes in single mode and THEN add second player, the issues are less severe.

However, my question stands - are there going to be any EA updates issued for this game? According to the information on the CD box with the game it SHOULD be compatible with Xbox Series X.

Message 3 of 7 (1,122 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @MisiuPlant,

There will not be anymore updates made to the game, unfortunately.

Not that it may make a difference, but you can try a digital version of the game, if you're able to get a refund for your physical copy.

★★ Novice

What do you mean by "digital version of the game"? I thought that the installation disk is only a mean of downloading data and there is no difference between physical and digital distribution of the game.

And how about PVZ: Garden Warfare 2? It's an older game but EA claims it's Xbox Series X compatible and - from what I've read - it's being continuously updated and patches, so it SHOULD work better.

Message 5 of 7 (1,110 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@MisiuPlant

I'm not sure if updates and patches are still rolling out for Garden Warfare 2.

And you are correct, there should be no difference between Physical and Digital, but I thought it may help this situation.

From what I've seen, there aren't anymore changes, or updates made to Battle for Neighborville.

You can read more here: https://www.ea.com/games/plants-vs-zombies/plants-vs-zombies-battle-for-neighborville/news/news-from...

If you scroll down towards the end, there will be more information.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

★★★ Newbie

Spoiler alert: it sucks on the Series X, too. Frequent crashes, audio cutting out, other players disappearing from a game. So frustrating to restart the Xbox 3-4 times during a "session". 

Message 7 of 7 (747 Views)