by N7NYj

Original Post

Nomad 'Improved Shield Regeneration' Blueprint Bug

★★ Apprentice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Improved Shield Regeneration Nomad blueprint does not seem to detect if the actual upgrade has already been installed. It appears in the Development menu and allows you to spend the resources to craft the upgrade, even if it is already installed. Also, once it has been used to craft the upgrade, it remains in the Development menu, and cannot be cleared as all the others are.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Happening since the last patch
Which single-player mode are you playing? Standard.
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Obtain Nomad blueprint 'Improved Shield Regeneration' It appears in the Development menu and allows you to spend the resources to craft the upgrade, even if it is already installed. Also, once it has been used to craft the upgrade, it remains in the Development menu, and cannot be cleared as all the others are.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

Improved Shield Regeneration Nomad blueprint does not seem to detect if the actual upgrade has already been installed.
It appears in the Development menu and allows you to spend the resources to craft the upgrade, even if it is already installed.
Also, once it has been used to craft the upgrade, it remains in the Development menu, and cannot be cleared as all the others are.

Message 1 of 10 (4,967 Views)

Re: Nomad 'Improved Shield Regeneration' Blueprint Bug

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
this happens because the game auto rewards you the upgrade when reaching level 11. I found out the only way to avoid it is to get to Voeld right away to get the blueprint and craft it before reaching level 11. if you do it after level 11, it auto completes the quest without actually letting you install the upgrade.
Message 2 of 10 (4,941 Views)

★★ Apprentice
So the bug means that the blueprint still remains in development menu even if the upgrade is already installed. It should detect that the upgrade is present and then disappear from the menu. As far as I can see, it doesn't do this, it stays stuck there.
Message 3 of 10 (4,928 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
it doesn't actually install the upgrade tho. it just auto completes the quest without upgrading the nomad if you do it at level 11 or after. I seriously don't know how the devs concluded this was fixed. seems like they didn't even test.
Message 4 of 10 (4,918 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Ah, I see. I think this is where we differ. For me, the upgrade shows as installed. The shield regen stat shows the upgraded number.
The quest auto completes when it reads that it's already there. The blueprint just doesn't disappear.
Message 5 of 10 (4,914 Views)

★★ Guide

What you are all observing is how Task: Nomad Shield Crafting was "fixed" in patch 1.06.

Only it was not, not in the real sense of debugging. Just forced to complete automatically to avoid the problem.

I can confirm that after the "fix" both my old as well as brand new characters got the quest completed automatically as soon as I logged in with each of them.

However, blueprints always stay in the R&D menu, regardless of character age or new game type and difficulty.

I'm intrigued by jaydee114's workaround, though. Might try it on a subsequent playthrough but it won't be now 'cause I'll ruin this game for myself if I play it for a fourth time so soon after launch.

We can only hope that the devs will revisit this issue at some point in the future and fix it for real next time.

Message 6 of 10 (4,904 Views)

★ Guide
yup, it didn't disappear for you because the game technically gave you two blueprints. it doesn't help also that it auto completes the task when you board the tempest. so to really avoid it, for anyone else that is starting a new game: get the bp from Voeld before reaching level 11 (do it at level 9 to be safe, in case you accidentally trigger an exp increase), then craft it right away. but if you accidentally reach level 11 but managed to get the bp beforehand, while in Voeld, just avoid getting back in the tempest, and craft it on the forward station at the outpost. the latter is what happened to me and I was able to complete the task and also avoided the duplicate bp.
Message 7 of 10 (4,888 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Seems like you are a bit screwed if you are doing an NG+. I just finished an insanity run and got stuck at 99% again with that damn blueprint still in inventory. from the last game.

Message 8 of 10 (4,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Amazingly it still is not fixed. 

Message 9 of 10 (1,539 Views)

I close this thread due to necro-posting. The game itself is out of studio support since 2017, so there is no new patch coming.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 10 of 10 (1,531 Views)