Noisy squeeky sound in Battlefront 2 on PS4 Pro. Who else?!

by freshapplecoke

Original Post

Re: Noisy squeeky sound in Battlefront 2 on PS4 Pro. Who else?!

★★★★★ Novice
ye but theres a difference between sublte coil whine and that ear destroying sound coming from the pro while loading battlefront 2. Im referring to the video of freshapplecoke cause it sounds exactly the same. Also theres no point in trying to find a PS4/PS4 Pro(especially) without coil whine cause there literally are none. I have had many PS4 systems and all had coil whine more or less.
Message 31 of 35 (1,023 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
One question I have: Does anybody actually know if this extreme coil whine as shown in the youtube video is in any way harmful to the PS4 Pro? Cause ive heard some guy said that it was harmful and now im unsure.
Message 32 of 35 (1,015 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic any update on this issue? It's 100% reproducible simply just loading a multiplayer match of galactic assault using a ps4 pro. I have the digital version and playing in 4k with hdr enabled.

The system fans kick into overdrive very quickly while the game loads. Once in the game, the system & fans quiet right back down. Something during loading is apparently causing an excessive amount of processing & heat. It's believed to be an uncapped framerate but I don't know how to prove that on a console. I have the game on PC as well & can definately confirm the loading screen are not capped. Fraps shows over 1300 frames per second.

Concerns here are not just the loud noise, but long term hardware damage as it is a whole bunch of heat coming out while in loading screens!
Message 33 of 35 (961 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Like i said on other topic:

Ps4 pro it's a really * consolle, great games very bad hardware, they can't fix this and if they can they patch via software but not the hardware problem.

The true problem is that ps4 pro is rated for 310watt and with a small form factor a single little fan can't dissipate all the heat.

Just think the fan need to dissipate ram, vrm and gpg and... the PSU!!!

the air flow it's obstruched by psu u can see it froma teardown, the heatsink it's just a small 3 heatpipe with alluminium base...

We are in 2018 and frankly i don't want a noisy consolle, just think when we will play the last of us 2 all this noise how much will break the atmosfere...

Anyway the problem is the coil/whine and the high pitch of the fan that does up and down, really the worst scenario possible.

You can cap the frame rate yes but when very strong games will be out the consolle will overheat and will do the same elettrical noise.

I changed 3 of them cuh-7116b and all, i mean ALL have coil whine.

In one i lose warranty and i opened it i try repaste, adding fans and modding, nothing stopped the coil whine nether the sillicone/glue on capacitors.

Only sony can improve this situation by changing the design of the consolle but they don't care because we buy their * consolles anyway.

I will try a petition but frankly i'm tired and now i sell all my ps4.

Sorry for my horrible english.

Message 34 of 35 (948 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey @jblakeney,

I got no new updates on the issue. We are still investigating the issue for the moment and we have no set date on when this is going to be fixed.

/Atic
Message 35 of 35 (916 Views)