Re: No sound unless i disable my input device

by Konform103

Original Post

No sound unless i disable my input device

★★★ Newbie

I am using Bluetooth to connect to my headphones.  I am using either my Airpods or my Sony WH-1000XM3s.  I will periodically sign into Apex to play and there is no sound at all.  The only way I can get sound is my going into my PC sound settings and disable my input device.  I would like to actually be able to use a mic for playing and am not sure why this isnt working.  

I also tried to go into my advanced sound settings and change the default settings for Apex Legends from "DEFAULT" to my headphones for input and output but that didnt do anything.  It either still emitted no sound or the sound was in like stereo or something odd.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6 (643 Views)

★ Pro
@pocketsquare84 are you using a bluetooth adaptor? maybe select your bluetooth audio device in windows sound setting and disable "allow apps to take exclusive control of this device"
Message 2 of 6 (600 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No not using an adaptor.  My computer is relatively new, is bluetooth enabled, and running windows 10.  Tried your suggestion but unfortunately did not work.

Message 3 of 6 (566 Views)

★ Pro
@pocketsquare84 you have to make sure apex is not running when you are making these changes.. I know windows 10 audio settings can be a bit tricky and too many options that need to be in order.. idk if i can help you this way

things that need to be in order:
-audio devices have to be configured before launching apex
-in the audio output windows 10 settings the bluetooth headphone has to be set as default audio output
-in the audio input windows 10.. same as above but default input
-then when you click on the volume icon right below windows 10 this headphone needs to be selected
-also in the volume mixer you need to make sure the volume of this device is full and also make sure when apex is launched press windows key and go back to volume mixer to make sure volume of apex legends excecutable is also full
Message 4 of 6 (549 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks - tried in that order and with Apex not launched yet but still nada.  Seems to be a conflict with something because I tried with Spotify playing music and as soon as I launch Apex, the sound goes totally dead.  Music stops and everything. 

I did notice that when I connect my Airpods or my Sony WH-1000XM3s it lists 2 version:

AirPods Stereo

AirPods Hands-Free AG Audio

Same shows up for the Sony headphones.  The Output defaults to "Stereo" while the input defaults to "Hands-Free AG Audio".  

I do also have logitech speakers hooked up to the Audio jack in the computer.  But my defaults arent selecting that so not sure that matters anyway.  I am a relatively proficient PC user but this is completely stumping me.

Message 5 of 6 (538 Views)

★ Pro
@pocketsquare84 kind of hard to help you.. i also dont have any bluetooth earbuds to try it for myself.. i know a while back i tried using a ps4 controller as an audio device and couldnt get it to work with apex (although wired)..

suggest tinkering around a bit i'm sure u'll find a way to make it work.. i also think you should disable exclusive access to audio device option.. do it for every audio device you have gl
Message 6 of 6 (531 Views)