Re: No sound on PC

by Noxtrain

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No sound on PC

★★ Novice

as the name suggests, i have absolutely no sound in game. i've tried reinstalling drivers multiple times, restarted computer, tried different drivers, even disabled and renabled windows sound effects when someone said that was their problem, but it's still absolutely silent. i have no other sound issues with any other game or program on my system, and as far as i can tell theres no errors being put up when i load the game.

Message 1 of 9 (756 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@tomstian123I'm running an asus ROG zephyrus M. at least as far as i can tell nahmic isn't on my system unless it's hidden so well it might as well be malware. no idea how to find any audio controller past the default realtek stuff though.

edit - so digging around, i found an asus program called sonic studio that when killed actually brought my sound back, so it was definitely some kind of sound controller causing the problem.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (658 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @PockyMonster  is the right sound output in windows mark as default for you?

image.png

Also what sound system/setup do you have?

/Atic 

Message 2 of 9 (721 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic  i'm currently using a laptop and only have the onboard speakers available to select, it should be marked as default correctly - in fact i have no issue even with other origin launcher games, as i played fallen order last night with no issue. it seems to be exclusively related to this game.

Message 3 of 9 (703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I had the exact same problem, no sound what so ever in the game, wether it be the intro cinematic, menus, dialogs or driving. 

I disabled my Nahimic 2 audio controller, and viola, I had sound. 

Check if you have any audio controller isntalled on ure laptop. If you have MSI, its a high chance you have Nahimic on it. 

Message 4 of 9 (684 Views)

★ Pro
@PockyMonster atleast it is better than the earrape bug I have experienced https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk6mov1DJuM
Message 5 of 9 (679 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@tomstian123I'm running an asus ROG zephyrus M. at least as far as i can tell nahmic isn't on my system unless it's hidden so well it might as well be malware. no idea how to find any audio controller past the default realtek stuff though.

edit - so digging around, i found an asus program called sonic studio that when killed actually brought my sound back, so it was definitely some kind of sound controller causing the problem.

Message 6 of 9 (659 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PockyMonster Ey EA, wheres my XP for actually helping this guy out?! Nah, glad it worked out mate, enjoy the game
Message 7 of 9 (648 Views)

★★ Novice

sound wont play through my Logitech speakers but will play through my corsair headset

Message 8 of 9 (624 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you sooo much this acutally worked for me, i have a MSI Nightblade. I just uninstalled Nahimic 2, and restarted my game and sound instantly!!

Message 9 of 9 (529 Views)