Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: No sound Whatsoever

by FriesenGamin-TTV

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Anyways have to go into work for awhile I will troubleshoot it again more tonight.

Message 11 of 22 (1,207 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm on the same alienware laptop, I'll try the audio fix the other user posted from another forumn and see if it works.

Message 12 of 22 (1,196 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah plugging it into a TV using the HDMI cable definitely works, but even when I unplug it and remove it from the directory it still refuses to output any sound to my headphones. Very strange.

Message 13 of 22 (1,189 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I am also having the exact same issue with my Alienware M17 R4.

I also tried using the online EA technical support page and (your wait time is 5 minutes)  2 hours later ended closing it out.

I currently do not have a TV to plug into or i would use the HDMI "Fix"

So brand new game is a brand new paperweight.

I appreciate everyone who is working on this.  I'll continue to troubleshoot all the nuanced stuff as well.

Good luck.

Message 14 of 22 (1,175 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It may be worth noting that I also am playing on an Alienware laptop. It's just so weird how inconsistent the sound cuts out. I played more today and I get sound for either and hour and a half or 30 minutes before it cuts out again. Surprised we haven't had any word on this issue. 

Message 15 of 22 (1,168 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?  If not hopefully someone at EA can chime in.

Message 16 of 22 (1,147 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still waiting on a response. i'm trying to other threads with people who have the same issues. 

Message 17 of 22 (1,122 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Let us know if you find anything.

Message 18 of 22 (1,115 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I havent found anything that works yet.  I am home for a week so playing on my desktop which works fine its just my alienware laptop that doesnt run sound.  I do have a older alienware desktop too so it must be something with new drivers and such

Message 19 of 22 (1,089 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For those of you with the alienware being the problem, I've finally found a fix. Go into your sound settings and change it to 24 bit, 48,000 Hz (if it isn't already on that). If that doesn't resolve the problem, uninstall your sound drivers, reinstall, then restart your computer. A completely fresh reinstall made it work fine for me. Hope this helps you guys!

Message 20 of 22 (6,416 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help