Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: No party banter. Souless squad mates.

by Ottemis

Original Post

No party banter. Souless squad mates.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

November 2019. This still show up in google, so thought I'd edit to say seems like this isn't a bug, just a bad design choice, there is no on-foot party banter, Just meant to happen every 5-15 minutes while DRIVING.Orginal thread follows:

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug No Party Banter. Squadmates have absolutely nothing to say to each other on foot, just two souless zombies dragging their corpses behind me.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. 159.06 UL 14.93 DL
What company provides your internet service? Virgin
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game Frown
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? gtx 970
Please enter memory size in GB. 4gb

As a per summary.

Right from the get go I've had * all party banter. Think I  took Cora and Vetra down to Eos my 1st visit, 30 hours and 2 maxed planets (more than 100% viability) and I haven't heard a peep, no matter what combination i use. They talk a good amount in the Nomad -think its environmental positional  triggers. But nothing on foot. So super sad.

Tried reinstalling since, tried loading the auto created Mission saves from much earlier, Turned of subtitles, cloud saves and origin in game. Idled for 15 minutes on foot and in the nomad.

I even tried crossing my fingers and clicking my heels 3 times. They still don't banter.

Message 1 of 61 (3,232 Views)

★★★★ Novice

DAI bug has arrived to MEA... Please, fix it.

Message 2 of 61 (3,187 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Had this bug in DA:I annnnnnd now I have it Andromeda. Honestly this bug is game breaking for me, I don't even want to play until it's fixed. I thought maybe it was because I started playing off of my trial character so I started a new character. About 3 hours into Eos just running around doing stuff, several different squad compositions and I am getting nothing, nothing at all. Drack, Peebee - Peebee, Vetra. Heard Liam and Vetra are supposed to have a lot to say to eachother. Not for me. The only thing I can remember is when Vetra pointed out something about the environment when we were in the Nomad, but I think it was scripted and not just general banter. 

I hope they at least acknowledge this is an issue.

Message 3 of 61 (3,168 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem and it seems they'll address it in the next patch. No ETA on the patch though. Could be a matter of days.. or weeks. I don't hear any banter at all. Even in the nomad.

Message 4 of 61 (3,145 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have the same * thing.  Needs to be fixed.

Message 5 of 61 (3,075 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Same problem. Stopped playing the game until they fix it. And it's like waiting for the release again.

: |
Message 6 of 61 (3,066 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know. I have the same problem. I can't play like this. Why do we have to deal with the same gamebreaking bug again?? 

Message 7 of 61 (3,028 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Seeing as Ian Frazier has stated this bug has been identified and will be fixed in an incoming patch, can this be added to the known issues list so people don't need to scan through 30 pages of threads to see if it's already been reported on? Thanks.

Message 8 of 61 (2,942 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same bug. It's about as gamebreaking as bugs get. Frown Real disappointed.

Message 9 of 61 (2,568 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem, in the same way - no banter on the ground, regardless of party configuration.  I do hear some while in the Nomad.  I know a fix is being worked on, but I hope it's at or near the absolute top of the list.  This is a game-breaking bug for me--just playing the campaign in relative silence.

Message 10 of 61 (2,556 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help