No longer have access to EA/Origin account linked to PSN

by AlexOb20

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

No longer have access to EA/Origin account linked to PSN

★★ Newbie

Good afternoon.

after purchasing fifa 19 last year for my PS4, I proceeded to load up the game and within the start process it asked me to sign into my EA account. Unfortunately the email used was a previous work email that was deactivated after leaving the company, therefore I had no ways of changing the password or even accessing the account full stop. I updated my PSN login email etc but didn’t think to change my EA email before the account was deactivated. After trying to contact EA to no avail, I didn’t play fifa 19 once over the duration of the year as I had no access to online features.

this year I have spent $130 on a pre ordered special edition of the game in hopes that the platform would have been altered slightly to allow me to use a different EA account. Unfortunately this is not the case. I tried making a new EA account and linking it to my PSN but the platform still insists on me signing into the account I no longer have access to.

today I have been on hold with EA since 9am, that’s 6 hours, and I was in line for a spot in the chat for 3 hours only to be cut off without having my issue resolved.

i no longer have access to this other account and I have no way of changing any of the credentials. 

Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone found a way around it.

massive flaw in the EA interface if you ask my opinion. 

Message 1 of 7 (303 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: No longer have access to EA/Origin account linked to PSN

Community Manager

@AlexOb20 

Hey there! I hope you were able to update your account details by now and wanted to shed a little light on the situation you went through. Our contact volumes are abnormally high right now due to may game titles launching in a short period of time like FIFA, Madden, NHL, and Plants vs. Zombies. We appreciate you hanging in there waiting for a response, we know you just want to jump into the game and start having fun. Who wants to go through all this account updating, right?

In order to get your email updated (if you can't access the email already registered to it) you'll need to get in touch with our EA Advisors in order to prove account ownership. Normally, account owners have access to the emails on accounts, but we know there are circumstances like yourself who either used a very old or school/business email you no longer have access to - so we've created some procedures to assist with that.

It may be a little more vigorous to go through, but we hope you come to an understanding that in a world like we have today where there are bad actors attempting to illegally access online accounts, we take account security seriously and want to protect it. We advise adding login verification for an additional layer of security. Here is how to do that.

Click here for account recovery

Thank you for playing FIFA 20 with us at launch, @AlexOb20 

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (267 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

@AlexOb20 

Hey there! I hope you were able to update your account details by now and wanted to shed a little light on the situation you went through. Our contact volumes are abnormally high right now due to may game titles launching in a short period of time like FIFA, Madden, NHL, and Plants vs. Zombies. We appreciate you hanging in there waiting for a response, we know you just want to jump into the game and start having fun. Who wants to go through all this account updating, right?

In order to get your email updated (if you can't access the email already registered to it) you'll need to get in touch with our EA Advisors in order to prove account ownership. Normally, account owners have access to the emails on accounts, but we know there are circumstances like yourself who either used a very old or school/business email you no longer have access to - so we've created some procedures to assist with that.

It may be a little more vigorous to go through, but we hope you come to an understanding that in a world like we have today where there are bad actors attempting to illegally access online accounts, we take account security seriously and want to protect it. We advise adding login verification for an additional layer of security. Here is how to do that.

Click here for account recovery

Thank you for playing FIFA 20 with us at launch, @AlexOb20 

Message 2 of 7 (268 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Mine has an email address in it that I've never seen before and never used before?!?!  What is happening with mine EA?

Message 3 of 7 (241 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie

This is absolutely terrible service and advice, I’ve had the exact same problem and the last time (of 3 calls in total) I spoke to an advisor he sat on tje phone and helped me fill out my recover form so that the info would be correct. And still, I recieved the answer from EA that the info provided was not enough or correct enough to be able to verify that it is my account. How the hell am I supposed to play fifa again ever? I only bought it to play online and since you can only connect one ea account to one psn id at a time I have to recover my account but I cannot do that apprently. This is tje worst experience I have had with a ”tech” company and since your own staff cannot help me I do not know what I am supposed to do anymore..

Message 4 of 7 (229 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie

And yes before you even start, I have already updated my email to the same as my psn id. I have talked to your advisors three times to start a case but still it wont work. When i try to log in to ea using my psn id it still shows the old work email that I cannot access. I have filled out the recover form three times with help from your advisors but it is still not enough info to prove that the account is mine. Help me. Fast. Getting frustrated...

Message 5 of 7 (227 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie

I really feel for you @AlexOb20 this is the most frustrated I have been about technology ever. They claim to take account verification seriously but the only have one procedure for proving that it is your account. Their own staff couldn’t even succeed filling it out for me. I even sat on the phone with an advisor that sent a verification code to my new email and i confirmed it so then I asked ”can’t you just do that on my fifa as well?” And then he just told me that it was not his section etc. fill out the form bla bla bla. Absolutely amateur level regarding customer service. There must be another way

Message 6 of 7 (224 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Hello I been have a similar problem to yours too where I created a EA matching my email to my PlayStation 4 for FIFA 20 yet it won’t connect and I have tried many things to make it connect but it won’t I spent some money to get this game but it won’t link online but I do have Plants Vs Zombies 2 and it will link to my EA account 

Message 7 of 7 (139 Views)
Twitter Stream