by EA_David

Original Post

No exp from enemy encounters

★★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What edition do you have? Super Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Sometime around the point of leaving EOS for the first visit to Havarl, I stopped receiving experience from enemy encounters. This is more than just the wildlife. I'm currently around level 11. First noticed this fighting 3 observers. Also fought 4 observers,. 2 nullifiers, and several assemblers and received nothing. It was only the 2nd time even running into nullifiers.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How long has this issue been happening? I don't know
Please select your region
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play through campaign until reaching Havarl.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

Message 1 of 8 (1,255 Views)

Re: No exp from enemy encounters

Community Manager

@Dokukaeru Thanks for the post. I think the general wildlife doesn't tend to give XP in my experience. 

As for the remnant, can you check when you're finishing off the stragglers of a group? Generally the XP is assigned per group of enemy, and you'll get the XP when you kill the last of a group. So, say an encounter of 12 enemies may have 3 groups of 4, so you'd get XP thrice from such an encounter. Could this be a factor here, or are you getting no XP from extended fights? 

If I'm chasing the wrong thread here, can you change planet and check if you have the same issue? Sorry if I've misunderstood and you've tried this already. 

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 8 (1,240 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I am aware wildlife does not give exp.

I will confirm that group was finished off again when I get home.
But the particular example is the edge of a cave on Havarl near one of the ingredients you find for the bar on Nexus.

There were no remnant left around and my exp did not change at all.
Message 3 of 8 (1,234 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Definitely cleared the area. Definitely not receiving any exp. For more clarification, this is the entire pack of remnants before the scientists in stasis on Havarl. I went ahead and finished this quest and received exp for it after speaking Kiiran Dals.
Message 4 of 8 (1,212 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I still receive exp from kett on EOS.
Message 5 of 8 (1,205 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Thanks for the extra info/detail. It seems the XP on Havarl is a bit inconsistent when compared to some other areas. 

Message 6 of 8 (1,191 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Is it just Havarl that has encounter issues, or will it continue to other planets after Havarl?

Is it something that is being addressed?

That was a fairly difficult fight for me at my current level. It took 4 or 5 tries before succeeding. I would hate to continue on Havarl fighting these difficult battles to receive little or nothing...Especially if it's something that would be fixed next week and could have just played multiplayer until such time.
Message 7 of 8 (1,179 Views)

Betreff: No exp from enemy encounters

★★★★ Novice

Got the same Problem here on PS4... Killed every Enemy on the Planet and what did I get? Nothing :D. Recieved some exp from Enemy from a Sidemission but not always. Getting exp from Enemys is very buggy in the Game. It is not only in Havarl. I think it is on all Planets. Sometimes I get Exp from a Group, sometimes from a single Enemy and sometimes I get nothing. It is very frustrating. Hope the next Patch will fix it...

Message 8 of 8 (1,123 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help