Re: No audio on my rift headset when switching to VR

by theseanniellama

Original Post

No audio on my rift headset when switching to VR

★★ Novice

I have an oculus rift. Never had any problems with sound before.

With squadrons, I can't get the audio to come out trough my oculus headset. I've been trying to fix this for the past day. This is so frustrating.

For some reason, as soon as I switch to VR, I lose sound. Even if I select my VR headset as the audio output device in windows AND steamVR AND oculus software!

There's an option in the squadrons settings to keep audio on even if the game is minimized or something, I tried activating that and the only thing that does is to send audio to my computer speakers! Even if they're not the selected output device!

Message 1 of 4 (185 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Make sure focus is on the game by clocking on it with the mouse on the desktop. 

Message 2 of 4 (168 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah I tried that already. I also tried all the screen modes (windowed, full screen, borderless) to no avail

Message 3 of 4 (150 Views)

★★ Novice
@BullseyeP90 I have the opposite problem. When I toggle into VR the audio only goes to my Quest headset, but I want it to go to my Logitech G935 headset because the quality is much better.

Is your volume turned up on the headset itself? Which Oculus headset do you have? Good luck!
Message 4 of 4 (135 Views)