Re: No audio at all in Apex Legends. Any solutions?

by Konform103

Original Post

No audio at all in Apex Legends. Any solutions?

★★ Novice

So, I have been playing this game for a while and the sound has been working like a charm until last night's gaming session. Basically, there is no sound in the game, not in main menu or in game. I have tried most of the solutions I could find online, but without any luck. The no-audio issue occurred when I was about 15 min into a discord conversation, but I doubt discord has anything to do with it, as it did not get back to normal when disconnecting from the app.

Anyway, this problem only seems to concern Apex, as sound works perfectly fine in any other program. Yes, I have tried tweaking the sound settings through the sound-properties, but there does not seem to be any sort of issue going on there since my default output device is the realtek audio speakers. And yes, my spatial sound is set to windows sonic for headphones (this seemed to be the gamechanger in all the tutorials showing how to fix it)  Also tried re-installing audio drivers, but nothing. As for the last resort, I did indeed reinstall the game in hope that would get rid of any bugs etc, but again, nothing. It is like Apex does not seem to recognize my audio output? That is why I also tried switching up the output devices, like hooking myself up to a tv and trying out different headphones, and still..

So now I have reached a point where everything pretty much seems hopeless, and I do not know if there is much else to try to resolve this issue. I might just have to wait it out, and hopefully it will go back to normal when the game patches or something.

But if anyone have any other ideas that might help this issue, I will definitely try it out! 

As for my device, I am playing on a 8th gen MSI GP63 Leopard, Nvidia 1060, 8 gb ram, using a 64bit operating system w/ windows 10. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,283 Views)

★ Pro
There is an option where programs can exclusively use your sound card make sure to check that option off.. I havent had this issue so i cant really help.. Also make sure the volume mixer is up for apex legends.. Atleast this is the case for windows 10.. Open apex legends then press windows key and right click on the volume icon in the taskbar and go to volumemixer
Message 2 of 5 (1,279 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, I did in fact try unchecking that option, and then open the game.. but still did not work. 

Update! The sound of apex was apparently off in volumemixer, and now the sound is up and running again! I probably did not see this earlier because I did not have my game open (which was kinda silly). Haha, how did I manage to ignore that? Oh well, thank you for commenting! Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (1,273 Views)

★ Pro
Its ok
Message 4 of 5 (1,269 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im still having this problem now ;(

Message 5 of 5 (1,244 Views)