Re: No Wheel Settings - Forcefeedback weak

by tool6996

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
@Braddock512 Same issue using g29 wheel. I only use wheel for racing games big disappointment. Please fix. Honestly was expecting the wheel to have more feedback than nfs payback.
Message 21 of 29 (1,190 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Braddock512 I also brought the ps5 version found that supporting fanatec GT ddpro steering wheel BUT DISAPPOINTING THAT NO ANY FORCE FEEDBACK AND NO OPTION IN MENU FOR WHEEL SETTING
Message 22 of 29 (1,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the Thrustmaster T300RS GT connected to my PC, along with a shifter and was excited to see it was supported at launch for this game. I'm disappointed though reading these comments and experiencing similar issues in terms of what I had expected "supported" to mean. For me, I can't change any settings or remap any controls and my wheel appears to be detected as a controller. Even in the menus, the buttons signal to press A or B to navigate/go Back, but the T300RS GT is a Playstation/PC wheel so the buttons are actually X and O, etc. This is minor, as it's easy enough to figure out the corresponding buttons, but it's not what I'd consider as "supported". The only setting I see I can change is the deadzone, which was set to 22% by default.

My expectation was that we'd be able to remap controls, manage force feedback, etc. that you see in other racing titles that support wheels. Even other EA games from Codemasters have this level of support in games that support wheels. Grid Legends is a good example. Why NFS Unbound appears to lack this, yet claims these wheels are supported is questionable. Reading the comments, it seems like Logitech and Fanatec users are experiencing the same/similar situations. 

My Thrustmaster default wheel rotation is set to 900 degrees, which is entirely too much for a car in this game. I can manually change the mode on my Thrustmaster wheel, and Logitech users can probably setup a default profile in GHub to adjust their rotation, but in other modern racing games (sim or arcade), the game manages this for us in most cases.

I hope that some of this will get addressed in a patch or future update, but in its current state, I can't really say the game is a lot of fun with a wheel.

Message 23 of 29 (1,022 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@PhEagles30 Same setup as well, same issues.
Message 24 of 29 (1,006 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wheel works (G29) with PS5 but there is no handbrake which is pretty critical in this game. Paddles are supposed to be R1 and L1 but they act like gas and brake pedals. Anyone else with this issue or work around?

Message 25 of 29 (1,000 Views)

★★★★ Novice

any news?

Message 26 of 29 (844 Views)

★★ Novice

What is happening with this...? Criterion's silence is not looking good...

Message 27 of 29 (691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here. G923 worked great with NFS heat. But it has no wheels setting and really weak force feedback with unbound. I'm surprised there is no fix. 

Message 28 of 29 (674 Views)

★★ Novice

Any feedback or is this a lost cause? On vol 3 and still nothing. I enjoy playing Heat way more at this point. The so low force feedback and wrong mapped controls are beyond sad at this point. 

Message 29 of 29 (550 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help