No Sound in SW Battlefront 2- Realtek HD Audio (Temp Solve)

by Nokeva

Original Post

No Sound in SW Battlefront 2- Realtek HD Audio (Temp Solve)

★★ Novice

Are you have a problem with no sound at all in the menu or game through your Realtek HD Audio in Star Wars Battlefront 2?  I resolved this by uninstalling the Realtek packages from the control panel and let Windows choose the driver automatically.  I opened a ticket with EA, they seem to be aware of the issue and Support Rep figured a patch would eventually fix this.  In the mean time, letting Windows use the "High Definition Audio Device" driver will allow you to play with sound.

Message 1 of 17 (30,114 Views)

Re: No Sound in SW Battlefront 2- Realtek HD Audio (Temp Solve)

★★★★★ Novice

Well this is ironic. I just finished chatting to a support rep about this very issue, however  the person seemed to know nothing about this I was trying to file a bug report, but instead I got some useless cut past diagnostic steps in email that are usually a total waste of time. I wish I'd done a bit more research first. I would have saved over an hour of messing around. I will say that for me the issue is intermittent but still annoying and the support on this issue from ea  seems to be very hit and miss.

Message 2 of 17 (30,095 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I"m on mobile data and have over 200 games running perfectly yet origin can't even get the sound to work?   WTF.  Its not the cost that i'm annoyed about its the fact that it took me over 2 months to download the 75gb and now i can't even play it without messing up the sound for all my other games installed.  Geesh EA.  You really don't make people feel good about you these days.

Message 3 of 17 (23,378 Views)

EA DICE Team

What kind of audio issues are you having and what kind of sound system are you using? @phase_verocity  

/Atic 

Message 4 of 17 (23,268 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm running a msi vr72 laptop. It uses a realtek sound card and is quite capable of running every game I've played on it. It will also run this game with sound if I use the blutooth headphones but who wants to use headphones?  Realtek soundcards are pretty common place. Why hasnt it been tested on one before release?

Message 5 of 17 (23,246 Views)

EA DICE Team

Realtek is one of the most common sound systems on motherboards today, I have it my self and no issues. I would suggest making sure that audio is assigned correctly in windows and if they are reinstall the audio drivers. 

image.png

/Atic

Message 6 of 17 (23,228 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is still a damn problem in 2019!

If i plug in an external soundcard everything works fine, but when only the Realtek is active no sound at all.

Message 7 of 17 (20,354 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Samirigirl Which sound card did you use?
Message 8 of 17 (19,786 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The card that don't work is the Realtek.

The external that does is a USB soundcard called Sandberg, wich works fine.

Message 9 of 17 (19,779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem!

At first my sound was cracking, to temporarily fix the problem I had to tab out the game five times then the sound was okay again.

Btw the sound didn't broke just like that. every time someone came online on Origin or joined our Discord Channel the sound was the same?? -_-

Yesterday I had the same thing again, only this time after the repeated attempt to get the right sound in the game the problem was that the sound was completely gone

NOTE: latest Windows updates installed, Sound drivers too, Origin in-game deactivated, only Origin games / EA games etc.

Message 10 of 17 (19,411 Views)