Re: No-Sound in Battlefield 5 & One

by Nashic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No-Sound in Battlefield 5 & One

★ Novice

Hey, folks.

Please help a fellow out. I've tried everything I can think of...

Issue Run Down

In Battlefield 5 the sounds is present from the moment I see BF5 splash screen, there is also sound in every part of the menu, and in warstories: both during the cutscenes and during actual gameplay. 

But the moment I begin joining and online game, I hear the sound during loading but once I am looking at the spawn/class screen, it cuts out.

An interesting point is that when I switch from  Stereo to Regular (marked blue X) the sound returns, but as the name suggests, it's of no stereo/HD quality and it just sounds atrocious, it is unplayable in such state.

In Battlefield One, there is no sound at all, anywhere. Unless I switch from Stereo to Regular.

Things I have tried, to fix this

• I've updated Realtek HD Audio drivers

• Tried uninstalling Realtek HD Audio Manager, and tried reinstalling it

• Updated Windows (legit copy)

• Updated Nvidia drivers, and drivers for my wireless headset
  • Repairing the game

• Ran the sound through headphones and speakers

• Turning off/on Sound Enhancements in the Windows sound options

• Running Troubleshoot for the Sound

Things I am holding off from trying

• Reinstalling the game in its entirety - because my inet is bad. It took me 2.5 nights to download the game as it is. And anyway, surely Repairing the game would've found the problem.

This is only present with the Battlefield series. The sound works fine in any other game I've tested in BlizzardApp and Steam.

Interesting point is that when Battlefield 5 or One are running, and my headset is set to Stereo; no other sound works either, aka youtube, my music. But once I exit out of Battlefield, then all other sounds works again. It seems that this is not just no-sound bug within the game, it seems as thou the Battlefield client itself is interfering with my sound

I had a look through the other thread, titled Battlefield V's Known issues, and this issue is not listed there. 

DxDiag is attached

I would be appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 13 (24,317 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Newbie

In case anyone who has this issue was wondering, I defaulted my Realtek settings and my sound returned to in-game play. I guess when i was "discovering" the different sounds with my headphones, the changes interrupted sound within the game. In the lobby and mission overviews, sound was present. Once you joined a game, there would be no sound - zip, ziltch, nada...Defaulting the Realtek options fixed that. Hope this helps... 

View in thread

Message 6 of 13 (23,156 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Had a similar problem, ended up finding it was Realtek output default was set to something else compared to Windows default. Changed the Realtek Default to Headphones and has worked perfectly since. 

Message 2 of 13 (24,280 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @IntriCon,

Have you tried what @Nashic said?

Also, I would recommend trying a Clean Boot, in case there's anything conflicting with your software.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★ Newbie

Hey, i have the same problem.

Did anything help to solve your issue?

Message 4 of 13 (23,673 Views)

★ Novice

Have the same problem, have reinstall the game and realtek drivers and everything. The sound works in headset but not speakers??

Message 5 of 13 (23,352 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

In case anyone who has this issue was wondering, I defaulted my Realtek settings and my sound returned to in-game play. I guess when i was "discovering" the different sounds with my headphones, the changes interrupted sound within the game. In the lobby and mission overviews, sound was present. Once you joined a game, there would be no sound - zip, ziltch, nada...Defaulting the Realtek options fixed that. Hope this helps... 

Message 6 of 13 (23,157 Views)

★★ Novice
Did you find a solution?
Message 7 of 13 (22,006 Views)

★★★ Newbie
well, actually in my case. The sound has been absence since the beginning, and I had tried as the guy had done...
Message 8 of 13 (20,841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you default the settings

Message 9 of 13 (20,031 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any luck???

Message 10 of 13 (20,030 Views)