No Joystick-Support for Planes on Early Access

by Karaya2

Original Post

Re: No Joystick-Support for Planes on Early Access

★★ Guide

They had no support in Battlefront so i expected the same here and low and behold no joystick support...pretty lame. not a game breaker for me but for many many other it will be..How can you bring out a game on pc that has planes in it and NOT have joystick and HOTAS support..This mob only cares about profit not what the consumer thinks. Multi billion dollar company and you cant even get a refund within 7 days...Worst company ever

Message 21 of 59 (1,048 Views)

★ Guide

@Karaya2 Please DICE fix the No Joystick-Support for Planes! And also fix my issue, about not being able to disable Controller Aim assist & Aim assist slowdown. 

Here is the link to my page in EA answers! http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/I-Can-t-disable-controller-aim-assist-amp-aim-assist-slowd...

And here is the link to the issue on the Battlefield 1 forums!  https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/37480/i-cant-disable-controller-aim-assist-aim-assis...

Lets help each other out to get are issues resolved! If we work together we can accomplish a lot more, and we can better the chances of are issues getting fixed. Standard smile

Message 22 of 59 (1,044 Views)

★★★ Novice

To Dice:

This issue could be solved with a simple program that uses windows input to map out the controller and allows you to set the ke ybind .

Several threads on this issue and not one response .   There is a 3rd party fix to this by installing a game pad emulator .  http://www.x360ce.com

It can recognize many types of controllers from online profiles and automatically map , Or you can set it up your self . Instructions are found here 

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/19350/joystick-controls-greyed-out-in-key-binder/p1

One thing we dont know as if it can get you banned , the emulator uses a hook to the exe so I do not know . I used it throughout the entire beta and

it worked perfectly .     

Message 23 of 59 (1,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I did not buy BF1. And that is because i still have not seen any info or answers from EA/DICE about Joystick support! Cmon wth is this *..

I don't even have a clue if i can use X360CE in the full game released today..can someone verify if it works or if joystick support is in the full game?

And EA/DICE this is a damn PC game and not a console game! i have supported your games since bf2 (when i was flying with my Joystick)

this time i WILL NOT buy anything from you without knowing if you have joystick support and therefore Battlefield 1 in my pre-order basket was deleted!

Edit* The thing that makes me most angry is luring people into believing that there will be joystick support in game when the beta version having joystick settings greyed out. i Wonder how many PC players bought the game when seeing joystick support in beta?..h3ll scam

Message 24 of 59 (1,001 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Why there are no reaction from DICE or EA? Cant believe it.

Message 25 of 59 (978 Views)

★★ Novice

Finished the intro last night, and was going to jump straight into the RFC missions this morning, but figured I'd go check the joystick was working properly in an empty server... imagine my surprise when it did nothing. Absolutely has to be fixed, half the reason Battlefield has always been a PC franchise for me is proper flying controls.

Message 26 of 59 (974 Views)

★★★ Novice

PC players getting DICE'd again. 

Remove a PC feature? A simple PC feature we had since BF2. 
It didnt work perfectly in BF4, but it worked. 

I cant use my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro either. In the beta it was greyed out, and I thought, that it was just due to it being a beta.

My clan, my brothers and friends are not buying it before joystick support is implemented.

"AAA" title without joystick support, wow..

Message 27 of 59 (955 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just don't get it. I used a Joystick sense BF1942. Owned every BF game that came out and used a JS in everyone of them. Now the PC community is getting left out and the PC community made Battlefield popular period. 

Come on DICE/EA  Let us know yes or no for a PC joystick support on a PC version of the BF1 game???

Message 28 of 59 (950 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Joystick Support is MUST!

Message 29 of 59 (944 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Im 30 years old and been playing battlefield series since 1942. I've gotten allot of friends and family to play over the years and to not be able to use my joystick is very upsetting :-( I do not understand. I feel abandoned
Message 30 of 59 (941 Views)