Re: No Joystick-Support for Planes on Early Access

by Kuiriel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No Joystick-Support for Planes on Early Access

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately, Joysticks on PC are still not supported an we are ony a week away from official release.

Its not possible to map any button or axis of a Joystick (in my case Logitech Extreme 3D PRO) for the game, when stick controls and button mapping is set to custom.

This is a complete deal breaker for people that like to fly. Flying a plane with Keyboard and Mouse is nonsense, way to clunky. Using a Gamepad makes it not better ether, because the movement-area of the thumbsticks is way to small.

Why is this for each new Battlefield the same problem? Its known that PC players want to have support for other devices besides Mouse, Keyboard and the Gamepad, coming from the Console-Versions of the game.

The support in BF4 was sub-optimal, since HOTAS Systems with more then two devices (Stick and Throttle separate USB-Devices) never really worked, so I brought the Logitech Extreme 3D PRO for it, but absolutely no support in BF1 is just sad.

This issue was known since the Beta version and nothing have been done, very disappointing.

So official question to DICE: Will BF1 support Joysticks (not Gamepad) on PC when it launches next week, and if not, when will we get support for it?

Message 1 of 59 (5,901 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Guide

Great news! 

Support is being worked on now. They apologised for not shipping with it. I CAN STOP THROWING A HISSY FIT NOW :D

https://twitter.com/Demize99/status/788260953691422720

View in thread

Message 54 of 59 (4,059 Views)

All Replies

Re: No Joystick on Early Access

★★★ Novice

Same here. Logitech Wingman 2 not working.

Message 2 of 59 (5,842 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This has been reported several times online now. It sucks. I have not pre-ordered because of this and now will not be buying the game at all - and I'm a Battlefield enthusiast with mouse mats and posters and all that jazz.

My clan/platoon will not be moving forward and buying Battlefield 1 without me nagging them to or getting it for them all as birthday presents - and that's quite a few day one sales of the game and premium that'll now not happen at all.

We won't believe any * like "Oh, we'll do it later, no really" because the same was said for Battlefront and that never had decent joystick support provided either.

Our only options are third party tools that inject DLLs to convert joystick input to controller input but come on, that kinda stuff can lead to getting false-flagged and banned. Frown

Fortunately, it's not like there aren't other games to play. Lots of great ones on sale, with free maps and all too.

It's a shame though. We were looking forward to this game and to have features starved out like this... just, no.

Message 3 of 59 (5,810 Views)

★★ Apprentice

DICE make Joystick possilble pls. Is no go without joystick.

Message 4 of 59 (5,789 Views)

★★ Expert

Same problem here. Saitek x52

This question has been asked since the beta.

It is time it gets answered.

Will there be a solution in the future or is this what we get.

Message 5 of 59 (5,761 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

If they say they will, don't buy it based on a promise of a future change because that's no guarantee at all. Wait til the change comes out before buying it.

Message 6 of 59 (5,748 Views)

★ Apprentice

SW Forcefeedback not working for me. It worked fine in Battlefield 4....

Message 7 of 59 (5,626 Views)

★★ Apprentice

DICE/EA we need a answer please Standard smile

Message 8 of 59 (5,574 Views)

★★ Novice
Tried manually mapping axises on my warthog to keyboard keys but really feels clunky. Why is there no joystick support ? It looks to me like the game is a port from either xbox or ps4. If the game is for PC then it should have PC options like using joysticks. Not everybody likes console controllers and a definite turn off here as I too like to fly but unfortunately not in this game.
Message 9 of 59 (5,564 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fix the joystick support. A lot of people wants to enjoy planes in BF1.

Message 10 of 59 (5,421 Views)