No Help

by MontezAbel2

Original Post

Re: No Help

★★★★ Novice

Well now your live chat people lied to me. I was talking to a guy he said he could transfer me to s manager if we verified my account. So I end that conversation and start a new help ticket. The lady said there was no way possible for her to transfer me to anyone else even if I verify my account. So basically EA support does and days what it has to do it doesn't actually have to help. I guess I can't ever buy an EA game again (I know you don't care) because I'll never be able to connect to the EA servers and play online so why waste the money. I'm so glad EA did their very best to do absolutely nothing and not help. I've read the many post on the forums about how lots and I'm lots of people have this same problem. 

Message 11 of 16 (213 Views)

Community Manager

@MontezAbel2 

We most definitely care, but we also have some very strong security policies in place to help prevent account theft. We will not recover accounts without verifying ownership. A manager won't be able to do that as well. I for sure get the frustration as your only other option is to start over on a new account, but if we didn't verify ownership we'd see accounts stolen left and right. The best I can advise is that should you play our games again in the future, an email is used that you won't lose access to and the EA account details contain accurate information. Many people have put made-up details in them in the past. Hopefully, we'll have an easier and still secure way to verify account ownership at some point in the future, but the current account recovery process must absolutely be passed before granting access.

If you still want to try getting in touch with a manager, you can try contacting @EAHelp through Twitter or message our support through Facebook at facebook.com/eahelphub. They may be able to get you to a manager, but again, they won't be able to grant access to the account.

Aljo.png
Message 12 of 16 (203 Views)

★★★★ Novice

See, none of you listen! I've already created a new EA account but my gamertag for my xbox is stuck linked to that old EA account. I'm not even trying to get access. I just want that stupid account unlinked. Basically I would have to create a new xbox account losing every game I've ever purchased. Yeah that sounds like a great idea, not! 

Message 13 of 16 (199 Views)

Community Manager

@MontezAbel2 

We can't move your gamertag to another account without verifying ownership. When we move your gamertag to another account, it deletes all progress on all EA games. You would lose any Ultimate Teams, Apex Legends characters, Battlefield and Battlefront character progress, etc. It's incredibly damaging which is why we have to verify you own the account first.

Aljo.png
Message 14 of 16 (195 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The only games on there would be ultimate teams. The only EA games I play are sports. I could list every player on all of my ultimate teams from Madden 15 to madden 20 if that would help. I could list every EA game and when I bought if that would help. I could list when I bought my EA Play subscription if that would help. 

Message 15 of 16 (182 Views)

Community Manager

@MontezAbel2 

We have to get accurate answers to the questions that are asked as part of the account recovery process. I wish there were other options, but that's it currently.

Aljo.png
Message 16 of 16 (178 Views)