No Help

by MontezAbel2

Original Post

No Help

★★★★ Novice

I finally got a new xbox but when I tried to load my madden it wants me to link to my EA account. The problem is it only shows an old email that has been deleted a long time ago. It won't let me type in my active email. I tried to get help and they said they could change it if me if I could prove I'm me. So they ask me a bunch of questions. I log into my xbox account and pull all the information directly from there but then they say my answers don't match EA account. Mind you, my EA account I can't access but they tell me to get into my EA account and make sure I have the correct information from there. How the hell can I log onto an EA account that I don't have access to because the email was deleted forever ago!!!!!! EA Help is pure garbage. 

Message 1 of 16 (547 Views)

Re: No Help

Community Manager

Hi there, @MontezAbel2.

I'm very sorry for the frustration with this. If you're being told the answers don't match the history of the account, we won't be able to grant access to it. The best I can advise is to try again with new answers. 

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 16 (496 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Like I already explained I didn't even know that the yahoo email was connected to anything still until I bought a new xbox but I don't do anything on my stupid EA account expect us it to play games online. I can't access that EA account to find out the old information because it wants to email a code to a deleted email. All of you say it is for security but then go you can try to pass the security questions as many times as you wan to but you just have to quit this help conversation and start a new one. I literally can give a list of every previous address I've had that might be connected with the account, I can give every previous card number I had that might be connected with that account and I can give every game day/month/year when I bought them but that account is so old I would just have to keep trying with different combinations until I go the right one. So in reality you're really not stopping anyone. You just make it a longer process. If someone had all that personal information do you really think an EA account would be what they would do with that information. What really frustrates me is no one will have an actual conversation with me they just stick to some stupid script saying the same thing over and over and over. Worst customer service period! 

Message 3 of 16 (482 Views)

Community Manager

@MontezAbel2 

The questions you're being asked pertain to the history of the account. Account owners should be able to answer those questions or track them down. I absolutely understand it's frustrating, but we can't have security be so lax that it causes accounts to be easily stolen. I wish we had a better solution, but currently, we can only recover an account by having the owner accurately answer the questions.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 16 (476 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have 14 previous address and 10 previous card numbers from moving around the country. There is no way to remember which one is on my EA account since I never log on to it. I just used the EA server to play online. You not really keeping my account safe because all you have said I am allowed to try to do the very process as many times as I want to.

Message 5 of 16 (464 Views)

Community Manager

@MontezAbel2 

You need to have some pretty precise information so chances are excellent only the account owner is going to have access to those details.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 16 (450 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Let me tell your very specific questions. What is your IP address = easy, what is your date of birth = easy, what are two EA games you've bought and month and year you bought them = easy, what is your last four of your credit linked to EA = I've never ever made a purchase through EA or Origins so there isn't a card link to my account, what is the address = I made this EA account when I was high school and have moved 14 times and don't remember how often I updated it because I was never on my EA. I only used it for access to the EA server to play games online. Also how come when I sign into this new EA account I made it asked to verify through my phone but my old account doesn't let me? How come nobody will transfer me to a supervisor or manager? You're not trying at all to help my with problem you're just repeating the same things over and over. 

Message 7 of 16 (444 Views)

Community Manager

@MontezAbel2 

You can try opening a case again to see if they'll give you a manager, but when the answers to the questions aren't accurate, they won't be able to recover the account. A manager won't be able to make an exception either. This isn't something we can help with through Answers HQ as it requires accessing the account. All I can do is direct you to the people that can help with this. Which, you are trying, but due to not accurately answering the verification questions, the account can't be recovered.

Your new account supports phone verification because it was enabled. The old account most likely doesn't have 2 factor authentication enabled. So, it wouldn't give you that option.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 16 (441 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So why don't you let me talk to someone high enough that will actually listen to me and then help me?

Message 9 of 16 (432 Views)

Community Manager

@MontezAbel2 

They wouldn't be able to help if you couldn't answer the same questions being asked by an advisor. I'm very sorry, but this isn't something we can help with on Answers HQ. You'll need to contact a live support advisor again.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 16 (429 Views)