Re: No Heirloom Shards

by Smores-sc

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No Heirloom Shards

★★ Novice

We’re changing up the Heirloom system to make it easier for you to acquire the heirloom you want. Instead of an entire Heirloom set dropping at once, you’ll now receive Heirloom shards. You can then use those shards to pick the exact Heirloom set you’d like. The shards will have the same drop rate as the previous system, so that after 500 Apex Packs, you will have enough Heirloom Shards to obtain an Heirloom set from the Heirloom shop. And don’t worry, your existing progress towards the 500 Apex Packs will carry over with the switch.

that's mean everyone will get enough Heirloom Shards in level 500?

Message 1 of 11 (2,854 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @v_MONST3R_v

The shards are tied to the number of packs you've opened rather than your account level. Any time you open a pack there's a chance you can get the heirloom shards, but it's very rare. If you open up 500 packs without ever getting lucky and pulling the heirloom shards, you'll be guaranteed to get them after you open that 500th pack. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (2,793 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @v_MONST3R_v

The shards are tied to the number of packs you've opened rather than your account level. Any time you open a pack there's a chance you can get the heirloom shards, but it's very rare. If you open up 500 packs without ever getting lucky and pulling the heirloom shards, you'll be guaranteed to get them after you open that 500th pack. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 11 (2,794 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have never seen the shards at all whatsoever and whatever that red currency is I am not able to use that either
Message 3 of 11 (2,710 Views)

Community Manager

@Smores-sc 

Do you mean the red currency that looks like a letter "L" in a box? Those are Legend Tokens. You can spend them to unlock new Legends or to get weapon skin variants from the store. 

If you mean the other red/orange currency that sort of looks like pieces of glass, those are the Heirloom shards. You spend them to unlock an Heirloom from the store. There's a chance you can get them out of a pack, but the drop rate is really low (less than 1%). Otherwise you would get 150 of them after you open 500 packs due to the bad luck protection. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 11 (2,629 Views)

★★★ Novice

No I know the difference in the currency but now that you mention it I have not been able to use the legend tokens for anything except for legends. As for the heirloom currency never seen it ever that should answer your question. And EA refuses to answer me on the subject they just say they don’t know

Message 5 of 11 (2,608 Views)

Community Manager

@Smores-sc 

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you've never seen it. Are you saying that you've never received any Heirloom shards from opening a pack? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 11 (2,534 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’ve had this game for all the seasons and I have never seen any of those heirloom shards in any pack ever and I bought way over 500

Message 7 of 11 (2,510 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve been playing the game since August last year. Still haven’t gotten any heirloom shards from the apex packs. 

Message 8 of 11 (2,454 Views)

Community Manager

Got it, thanks. 

If you still haven't received them I'm afraid you most likely just haven't opened enough packs to trigger the bad luck protection. Once you do, you'll get the shards after the 500th pack. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 11 (2,345 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, I’m really, really sure that I opened more than 500 packs and I haven’t received any Heirloom Shards yet. Now I’m wondering if there’s a problem with my account. Of course it’s possible that I made a mistake and that I haven’t opened enough packs but I’m pretty sure I have. 

I’ve contacted technical support and I was told to try my luck here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Message 10 of 11 (2,294 Views)