Re: No Enemy Sound in Apex

by ExplosiveWilly

Original Post

★★★ Novice

same exact issue. external audio interface that my headphones are plugged into. does your audio crackle in the main menu as well?

Message 11 of 28 (4,458 Views)

★★★ Novice
I may have found a fix? unless it was just a coincidence.
changing the interface to 2 channel, 24bit, 44100 Hz (previously on 48000 Hz) the audio seemed to be working perfectly in the 1 game i played, but i get random crashes (unrelated issue im pretty sure)
lemme know if that fixes it for you
Message 12 of 28 (4,452 Views)

Message 13 of 28 (4,305 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey everyone,

In the windows sound option is your headset as the default communication and sound output device? 

Make sure that all drives for the headset are up to date. 

And the last question what headset are you using and what software are you using it with? 

/Atic 
Message 14 of 28 (4,259 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,I have this exact same issue and i'm using Steelseries arctis 5 headphones. These connect through USB so none of the suggested workarounds are working for me. Any suggestions are much appreciated as I am loving the game but it is unplayable with this bug. Maybe also worth mentioning this bug only started happening about 2-3days after i started playing. Thanks

Message 15 of 28 (4,255 Views)

★★ Novice
Replying to my own comment to say that switching to 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100hz (was 48000hz) in the windows sound settings for my headphones fixed the problem
Message 16 of 28 (4,208 Views)

★★★ Novice

Currently using Logitech G430 connected via USB so realtek (windows) drivers have no play in this.
My headset has it's own driver software, like most Logitech devices.
I've tried all fixes found online and nothing works, not even changing the channel to 44100hz
All of my drivers are up to date so I'm not sure what else I could do at this moment.

Message 17 of 28 (4,082 Views)

★ Novice

Hi! In all my other games (both more and less demanding) my headset works just fine, amazing actually. But in Apex legends the sound cuts out all the time. So freaking annoying! Really ruins the game for me. Hope u guys can fix it!

Note; When I have the headset connected by the cord it works just fine.

Headset: Hyper X Cloud Flight

Message 18 of 28 (4,076 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All that is done, mine seems to be if I minimize the game then come back in. It loses sound from some directions. Especially behind. Got a  stealth 450 turtle beach.

Message 19 of 28 (4,044 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bumping this.

Message 20 of 28 (3,597 Views)