Re: No Enemy Sound in Apex

by Anonymous

Original Post

Community Manager

@LowMel wrote:

Had the same problems on PC. Solved it by going into windows control panel -> audio -> configure playback device and set it to 7.1 surround even though I am using a headset. Then I activated Windows Sonic for Headsets and virtual 7.1 surround sound. After a restart of the game, my audio problems were solved

@unkurteous l wrote:

I just happened to fix this myself, if you go down and open up your sound settings> playback tab > select your headphones > spatial sound> and turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound with windows sonic it should start to sound how its meant to. Hope this helps!

Marking these two as a temporary solution since it seems to be helping others searching for this issue on our forums. 

The Apex Legends team is aware of audio issues and are looking to address them as soon as possible. This was mentioned in a recent update from Respawn. It was also touched up on back on 3/28 in this post.

Audio Issues

• Currently testing some potential fixes that will hopefully address many of the performance issues we’ve seen reported.

Thank you all so much for your patience on this and we'll do our best to provide more updates around it as soon as possible.

Blueberry.png
Message 41 of 47 (1,133 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

ITS STILL A PROBLEM!

I shot one player and next i know someone is close to me and shoting me. its like the sound of enemy disapears!?
i have repaird and everything is up to date! GET YOUR SERVER FIXED!

Message 42 of 47 (974 Views)

Anonymous

am almost 99% sure  Apex is forcing surround sound even if you don't have surround sound making sounds that is behind you impossible to hear ..i am 25 year professional sound engineer and know a thing or to  about this subject

Message 43 of 47 (410 Views)

Anonymous

i have to agree with you  i am a Professional sound engineer and i think the game is forcing surround sound even those you play on stereo hence making sound  that is behind you not play for  some objects like another player

Message 44 of 47 (399 Views)
Highlighted

Anonymous

these solutions will nto work on a audio interface because the  window driver only has stereo ..the Game cant use ASIO ..the game play surround sound  even if your donor have the hardware  and config  is set to 2 speakers  i am 100% sure of it 

Message 45 of 47 (396 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Anyone suggest help with this? I'm on PS4 and don't hear steps particularly Xbox players, if it's PS4 enemy no issues. I have a steel series arctis five wired do I have to update something?? Please help it's frustrating I get no replies 

Message 46 of 47 (312 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I’ll believe it when I hear it, never hear anything about sound being fixed, never will. 

Message 47 of 47 (289 Views)