No Dialog or Talking during cutscenes or gameplay (PC)

by Adriftgold257

Original Post

No Dialog or Talking during cutscenes or gameplay (PC)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Update to 1709 hasnt fixed it the issue for everyone wondering.

Running on windows 10 64it, with the game installed on a separate partition for speed related reasons.

Anyways here's what I've noticed (been playing since the minute the games released) Issue hasn't occurred till, I believe, the update to 1703

1. During cut scenes you can faintly hear them talk (the ones that aren't rendered by the PC, like the movie cutscenes that are pre-rendered at 30fps) and the normal cutscenes have NO talking what so ever
  2. During game play, subtitles will come up but not accompanied with sound
  3. Changing the windows language from English (US) to English (CA) has not fixed the issue.
  4. Going into the manual config files and setting speech volume above 1 does nothing
  5. All other sounds work (Besides police chatter)
  6. Reinstalling game from scratch has not fixed the issue
  7. There are no audio settings applied in windows (Spacial sound, bass boost, etc)
  8. Setting dynamics from headphones to TV to cinema does nothing (Maybe theres a bug thats keeping it in surround sound?)

Hoping EA can actually do something... Been a big fan of NFS since underground, and while this doesn't COMPLETELY live up to its brothers, its definitely note worthy and a blast to play.

Message 1 of 5 (433 Views)

Re: No Dialog or Talking during cutscenes or gameplay (PC)

★★★ Newbie

With mine, the audio is out of sync. My PC is an i7 with 16gb of RAM and an Nvidia Card. No excuse for it to have problems. 

Message 2 of 5 (411 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah currently running a i7 3770, 16gb 1333mhz ram and a gtx 1060, I agree. Weird that its happening all of a sudden now.

Maybe it has to do with the desert winds part of the campaign??????

Message 3 of 5 (406 Views)

★★★ Novice

UPDATE: Okay.. so I tried making a recording of the issue but the recording came out as if the volume for speech was normal.

This is leading me to two different Ideas

1. Either my drivers are screwed

or

2. The game is stuck in surround mode, and recording puts it back into stereo mode?

Message 4 of 5 (402 Views)

★★★ Novice

Fixed it.

Just ran a Audio troubleshoot fix through windows and it just solved it.

Worth a try if you're having any issues. Dunno why i didnt think of it before

Message 5 of 5 (399 Views)