Re: No Communication with Microphones Headsets. Why?

by Centra28

Original Post

No Communication with Microphones Headsets. Why?

★★★★ Apprentice

How come Star Wars Battlefront 2 doesn't have the ability to communicate with headset mics? It would make things a lot easier with alerting people or telling people to cover certain spots. All other multi player games have mic communication but SWBF doesn't. Why?

Message 1 of 9 (2,211 Views)

★★ Novice
communication is the key to success.

I don't think this is a technical issue, but ig communication would make for greater warfare..
Message 2 of 9 (2,188 Views)

★ Guide

Yup, voice communication would make teamwork a lot easier. Before I write some critical info about some area getting overwhelmed or strategy to follow it's usually way too late. It was the same with the 2015 game, no voice chat either though people demanded it on forums. I guess they realize that the majority of the playerbase are teenagers (or even younger) that would rather scream insults and accusations or play music to troll their team members rather than point out useful stuff - not to mention offended people talking back. It would not be fun if you had to manually mute these players in every lobby. Though to be fair if you play with friends you have group voice chat enabled.

Message 3 of 9 (2,177 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @NavarDerth @Rynigin @Centra28, I don't have a statement to why we don't have one. But i will send this on to the team as feedback request for Star Wars: Battlefront 2. 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 9 (2,168 Views)

★ Guide

It really is weird how a game, that is all about team work, has no voice chat. Majority of people don't even respond in chat to strat. Voice coms would be so much easier.

Message 5 of 9 (2,139 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's May 4th, 2018 about 1300 hrs CST. I was just playing Ewok Hunt and it became annoying for a lot of us. Here's the situation. Many of us stormtroopers are hiding in a cave. No body is making a sound or has their flashlights on. All we have to do is wait until our ship arrives. We hear few Ewoks in the distance in the woods looking for us but not finding us. It was going good for a long long time. Then comes about 3 or 4 stormtroopers with flashlights blazing and shooting everywhere. We wanted to tell them to stop but WE HAVE NO MICS. Correction, we all have mics, we just can't use them with this game. Well, the Ewoks found out where we were quick because we couldn't tell them to keep quiet ahead of time. We were picked off one by one. I didn't make it to the ship. All because we couldn't tell them to be quiet. Yes, having the option to mute certain music loving players is good or player that cuss during game play. I would just go to the screen and hit mute. All Halo's and Call of Duty's has this function. Why doesn't Star Wars Battlefront 2? I'm just saying it would help the game a lot if we could communicate with our teams. Are we supposed to shoot them in Morse code for them to understand what we want them to do?

Message 6 of 9 (2,098 Views)

★ Guide

Just wanted to chime in and say I am very happy that there is no default voice communication.

When people are pleasant and working together, voice comms are great.  With randomized stranger teammates this type of scenario happens approximately 0% of the time.  I much prefer silence to the alternative.

Message 7 of 9 (2,084 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

May 18th, 2018---We got an update and I'm playing Heros Showdown. It's extremely HARD!!! I can't say "I'm going to do this and then you can use your power to kill them." or " I'm going straight come with me." or "Let's switch targets I'm having trouble with this one." or "Why are you going over there?" or "What are you doing? The fight is over here." or "Cover me a second, I have to heal." or "Follow me, they're coming this way."

There are more things I have yelled into my mic only because I play other games with microphone capabilities and I forget with Battlefront 2 you can't communicate with anyone. So everyone goes all over the place with no plan of action. I'm military and I like to plan my attack strategy before engaging but In Battlefront 2 most of it other than the Campaign is Multiplayer. So nearly the whole game is Multiplayer and no one can plan an attack or defense strategy because we cannot communicate. In defense you'll have 30 people cover 1 point and wonder why they're not all spread out. Because we can't call out telling everyone "I got this point, cover that area for me." We can't do that.

I Guarantee even with all of the complaints about this game, if you give us communication abilities it will take every part of the game to a whole new level. Because then we would be able to coordinate our attacks or defenses in certain areas when needed. Like a RED ALERT.  I've been watching the YouTube videos and I hope it's not too true about EA and the other developers leaving only DICE to take care of Star Wars Battlefront 2. This game has a big fan base and a lot of support for it. We don't want it to go away we just want a good game.

Side Note: I have many Emotes & Victory Poses that can only be obtained by CRATES. There are no more crates. Are we stuck not getting them?

Side Note: On one of Iden Versio's Cards there is a mistake. The card "Friend In Battle" has the symbol of the Pulse Cannon in the lower right hand corner. It should have the Stun Droid symbol. Please correct this error. Thank You.

Message 8 of 9 (2,036 Views)

This would be really nice. Dennis said long time ago they wanted to rework the squad system to make it more party-friendly. So if they update that, I hope they will add a mic system to it. Would make the game so much better (as long as you are able to turn it off).

Message 9 of 9 (2,029 Views)