Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Nintendo Switch will not connect FIFA 2019 to EA server

by charlsonchazzerb

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Nintendo Switch will not connect FIFA 2019 to EA server

★★ Newbie
Have checked all network settings and all ok. Switch has wi-fi access but Fifa 19 continually reports unable to connect and points to a webpage which is no help whatsoever. Son has just bought Fifia 19 and is currently very disappointed. Nintendo or EA need to fix this asap.
Message 11 of 36 (7,220 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Any luck connecting I can’t connect either can connect daughters profile on switch but not my sons!!! Very frustrating- any help from anyone welcome!! 

Message 12 of 36 (7,190 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

I was having the same issue - my 10 year old son was going crazy that he couldn't get online. I have just come off a chat session with EA.

Turns out our issue (and reading through this thread I think it may apply to some others) is that his Nintendo account linked to his profile is a child account and FIFA 19 blocks access to child accounts. Simple as that. Using my profile all is fine and it allowed me to link an ea account I created specially. 

For now I will just allow him to log in as me BUT I need to monitor what can be done online. I believe at least with Nintendo the voice chat isn't supported but please advise anything else I should be aware of (given that EA themselves block kids).

Hope that helps......

Message 13 of 36 (7,153 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I am also facing that issue all the time. When starting the software the connection with the EA account is never working. But when you are on the FIFA 19 main screen you just need to press the +-button on the controller. In consequence it`s connecting in the correct way. At least that`s the case in my situation.

Message 14 of 36 (7,136 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Nintendo Switch will not connect to EA server

★★ Newbie
No
Message 15 of 36 (7,066 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
Same problem here
Message 16 of 36 (6,999 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Yes same issue with me. 12 year old son cannot play but I logged in and I can though why a 47 year old woman would want to play FIFA 19 I do not know. So come on Fifa cop on and change this asap please. In the meantime I am going to see if I can get Nintendo to change my son's account to an adult account with my permission.

Message 17 of 36 (6,971 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Did anyone get a good answer on this?  The only way I can get FIFA 2019 to connect to the EA server is by disabling parental controls and setting up a new user as me (parent).  It works now but its not great as I'm now trusting my 8 year old.  FIFA 18 didnt have these issues but maybe its due to the online content increasing.

Message 18 of 36 (6,801 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

We are having the same issue, and there are so many user accounts between the Switch itself and EA, that I don't even understand which needs parental controls disabled. This is ridiculous. If anyone has any really clear directions on how to resolve this, let me know. None of this is intuitive, and I need it really clearly spelled out.

Message 19 of 36 (6,751 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

We have a switch and cannot connect at all, help would be awesome please! 

Message 20 of 36 (5,922 Views)
Twitter Stream