Nintendo Switch squad updates not appearing on child profile

by pauldurston

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Nintendo Switch squad updates not appearing on child profile

★★ Novice

My son has a Nintendo Switch.  My account is the supervisory/parental account, his is a child account.  I recently downloaded the update (squads) by starting FIFA 21 on my profile.  The squad updates are not appearing on my son’s FIFA profile.  He cannot update them himself as his Switch profile (child account) is not permitted by EA to connect to online servers (at least that’s my understanding).

On FIFA 20, following the steps above (the parent profile downloading the updates) did result in the updated squads appearing on other profiles (child accounts).

Am I doing something wrong?

Message 1 of 20 (4,297 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Nintendo Switch squad updates not appearing on child profile

Community Manager
Hi @pauldurston,

I can't speak to timing unfortunately. I was only given the information that the FIFA team were able to replicate the issue and had begun work on a resolution at this time.
EACade

View in thread

Message 6 of 20 (4,178 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @pauldurston,

Apologies for the delay, this shouldn't have changed between FIFA 20 and 21, I've escalated this for review with the FIFA team and I'll let you know when I get any new information to share.
EACade
Message 2 of 20 (4,245 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Cade Thank you very much for the response and confirmation I’m not doing something wrong.

For what it’s worth, I’ve tried resetting to default squads and re-downloading the updated. Same issue - no updates cascaded across to other profiles.
Message 3 of 20 (4,242 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @pauldurston,

Thanks for the report! We were able to reproduce the issue in house and are working on a resolution now.
EACade
Message 4 of 20 (4,225 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Cade - thank you very much for keeping me notified. Will the fix, when available, simply be rolled into a squad update do you know?

I’d also like to say this is my first experience of using these forums and reporting something like this. I’m very impressed with the speed of response, replication of the issue and confirmation that a fix will be provided.

Thank you.
Message 5 of 20 (4,215 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @pauldurston,

I can't speak to timing unfortunately. I was only given the information that the FIFA team were able to replicate the issue and had begun work on a resolution at this time.
EACade
Message 6 of 20 (4,179 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Cade Thank you 😊
Message 7 of 20 (4,174 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi - I have this exact same problem on Fifa 22 on Switch. Its a real shame that he can't play online, but also my son is sad that the teams are out out date, I can't find anyway to update the teams on his profile. I have logged in on the same switch to update the teams, but it does not carry over to his profile. Please can you fix this as soon as possible?

Message 8 of 20 (3,780 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Exactly the same problem on FIFA 22 on the Switch.  Child account states it cannot update players.   Adult account is fine. 

Unfortunately you can’t change the age of a child in the Microsoft account once created so the only answer if for the child to use the adult account.  

any idea if this will be fixed.   

Message 9 of 20 (3,703 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue too.

Message 10 of 20 (3,677 Views)