Ninja Control Settings issues

by psitTACOses

Original Post

Ninja Control Settings issues

★ Apprentice

So before the issues with ninja setting controls were just you couldn’t ping specific items in boxes, now since the season 5 update I can no longer loot boxes. The controls say Press X to ping, hold X to replace. But all it does is ping. Is anyone else having this issue? 

Message 4 of 16 (862 Views)

Death box looting

★★ Novice

I have my controls on PS4 to ping set on X. Now when I try to loot death boxes I can only ping items instead of picking them up. Was 

the other way around before. We need more controller option. Totally disappointed on this update now

Message 1 of 16 (668 Views)

Ninja Control set problems

★ Apprentice

So Season 5 brings more Ninja control set problems. It’s not allowing me to loot boxes because X is to ping. It prompts you to hold X for replace but all it does is ping. Anyone else playing on Ninja Control settings with this issue

Message 2 of 16 (777 Views)

Re: Death box looting

★ Apprentice

I’m also having this problem I play on ninja control settings

Message 3 of 16 (655 Views)

Re: Death box looting

★ Apprentice

I changed my control settings to custom and switched my ping to down. Super inconvenient and it’ll take some getting used to. But it’s a temp fix for the time being. It’s also going to change how you use your Ultimate

Message 5 of 16 (638 Views)

Re: Ninja Control Settings issues

★★ Novice

I'm definitely having the same issue. its weird and really tough switching buttons around again lol

Message 6 of 16 (833 Views)

PS4: Any control binding where X is Ping (Ninja or Custom) prevents looting

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

If you set X to Ping either by using Ninja layout or a Custom layout (I use custom)

1. It is not possible to loot deathboxes (X will ping)

2. It is not possible to loot Loba's ultimate

This is gamebreaking for those of us who have been fans of this game since the beginning and use the (far superior) Ninja or custom layouts.

Suggestion: If X is set to Ping in control bindings, when a player loots a death box or Loba ultimate, instead have R1 ping while X loots (as it always has).

Message 7 of 16 (649 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I am encountering this as well. It's really bad.
Message 8 of 16 (824 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@psitTACOses Yep, I went to loot a box for some weapons and couldn't get anything because I couldn't loot the box
Message 9 of 16 (775 Views)

Re: Ninja Control set problems

★★★ Newbie

Yep same here. It's by far the best controller style but it keeps pissing me off that they cant get it right.

Message 10 of 16 (738 Views)