Nhl 22 input lag and delay

by Xlkash-

Original Post

Re: Nhl 22 input lag and delay

★★★ Apprentice

Can confirm I moved my modem as far away as possible from my PlayStation , I then proceeded to put heavy blankets and sweaters on my modem to further dampened  and weaken my wifi signal , the delay is disappearing .  Havnt found the optimal amount of sweaters to get my wifi signal to the poorest quality so that I can play this game .  Kinda a wierd fix but pull your PlayStation really far away and put blankets and sweaters over the modem you can then play nhl 22 when you reach the optimal poor wifi strength your welcome 

Message 61 of 147 (1,019 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

And just in case you were wondering I bought my new cat 6 cable 2 days ago as I thought maybe my wire was toast .  I have two Ethernet cables here .  It’s far better to play on poor wifi far away from your modem .  Try it and please post back so they can fix something in there coding 

Message 62 of 147 (1,018 Views)

Community Manager

@Xlkash- 

Have you compared the amount of traffic between your home and your sister's? For example, is anyone streaming while you play whereas that might not be happening when connected to her router? Have you also compared the router settings to see if there are any differences? If the game plays fine on her connection, but not yours, that points to an issue with your connection and not coding in the game. It could be related to traffic over your network, devices connected to your router, the wiring in your home, newer ethernet cables, etc. There also could be an issue with your router. Is the firmware up to date? Did you have your ISP swap out your equipment?

Aljo.png
Message 63 of 147 (972 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is kind of nuts.

Message 64 of 147 (964 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I’m telling you the worse ms I have in game the better the quality on my end 

Message 65 of 147 (952 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

There are 2 things hooked up to my internet my phone and my PlayStation , my sister has 23 devices on her network 

Message 66 of 147 (952 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

10 ms = massive delay unplayable 

20 ms = slight delay 

30 ms = slight delay 

40 ms = delay almost gone 

50 ms = optimal experience 

Message 67 of 147 (951 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo 

Bro my equipment is fine I called my isp yearerday I’m getting the speeds I’m paying for .  Which is top of the line bell fibre internet .  As you can see I regularly get 10 ms .  My internet is good .  Every game runs fine .  Not ea nhl 22 only 

Message 68 of 147 (945 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Need to look into how my in game reading is obviously givi g false readings if the higher the ms = better connection.  The game should not be telling my connection is good when I can’t move or control my guy .  

Message 69 of 147 (943 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My mint good connection connects to ea , ea acknowledges that connection is mint and reads green flat line 10 ms 0 packet loss .  MASSIVE IMPUT DELAY.  
if I make my connection worse and make my in game reading sky rocket the delay goes away . If you can’t see something is wrong with that then your being ignorant 

Message 70 of 147 (941 Views)