Nhl 22 input lag and delay

by Xlkash-

Original Post

Re: Nhl 22 input lag and delay

★★★ Apprentice

I have 10 ms in game all game no spikes , I live in Toronto and almost everybody I play with and against are east .  The lag is a brutal input delay . It’s unplayable , like my 1ms monitor Feels like a tv from the 1800s . All other games play perfectly 

Message 31 of 147 (1,025 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My ping is the same in both vs , hut and eashl .  
I play in the highest competitive league you can play in .  I have for years . The game is broken . I would greatly appreciate any help , my connection is fine my hardware is fine I’m out of reasonable options any chance someone could fix my situation 

Message 32 of 147 (1,025 Views)

Community Manager

@Xlkash- 

Without going through connection troubleshooting, we can't rule out any of those issues. If you'd like to do that, let me know.

Aljo.png
Message 33 of 147 (1,021 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I should also add that for about a month now it is in virtually every single game , I get the odd game every couple nights we’re my game works perfectly as it should then it magically goes back to fat man lag .  It’s impossible to play a game and compete at any level 

Message 34 of 147 (1,020 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes I will do what ever you suggest to fix this , I’m ruling them out because every other game I have runs perfect couldn’t be better  , and the fact that when one of those magical games come around it just proves that my hardware is fine with out a doubt

Message 35 of 147 (1,020 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I also live in the biggest city in Canada , with top of the line bell fibre internet , a gaming monitor and 4K gold plated HDMI .  I’m not sure if I need better gear but I think mine is sufficient for a nhl game , call it a hunch 

Message 36 of 147 (1,016 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hardwired connection straight to modem and cat 6 cable 3 feet long 

Message 37 of 147 (1,011 Views)

Community Manager

@Xlkash- 

Sorry. I didn't realize we had already gone through a lot of troubleshooting. The only other thing I can think of is replacing your network equipment. Are you using a modem/router combo unit provided by your ISP?

Aljo.png
Message 38 of 147 (982 Views)

★ Guide

All you can do is laugh. I haven't posted in a month, but I called my ISP out a month ago, and they replaced some old wiring, checked my connection thoroughly, provided me a new updated modem/router. I have now replaced every possible piece of equipment one can replace: a new Xbox, HDMI, ethernet cable, controller, modem/router, monitor. I have tried every DNS and even WiFi. Ports forwarded and DMZ. 

I don't feel this input delay on other games. I don't feel it re-downloading NHL21. Occasionally, like last night, I have my delay (on 20-30 ping) only to mess around, come back in the early morning hours and suddenly the fog is cleared and my connection is normal. This isn't even in just World of Chel 3s and 6s -- it's in loadout practice mode. My download speeds show no change, delay or not. I've had about a month and a half of consistent clean gameplay since October. All you can do is laugh. 

Message 39 of 147 (963 Views)

Community Manager

@DeliveryForKiki 

Have you considered getting your own separate modem and router? There's a higher cost associated with this of course, but can also greatly improve the connection.

Aljo.png
Message 40 of 147 (946 Views)